Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two bikes were involved in an accident this morning at gerky's corners... which is located at the barker road exit off of I-94. A blue bike adn a yellow one. The blue one got clipped by a car I think... flight for life had to come in and take the rider to the hospital... The blue bike also had luggage racks...

any one have any other details?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i dont know anything, first i heard of it..but ill keep em in my prayers that they will be ok

·
Registered
878 Posts
I was on Barker when they stopped all the traffic and flight for life landed.

flight for life landed in the middle of the west bound lane bluemound rd at gerkes corners

I don't know any other details, I was stuck in the huge traffic backup

·
Registered
605 Posts
When you said blue bike with luggage racks I immediately thought of FZ1 Matt... fewwww

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ditto.. Buddy of mine was right there when it happend. Said a mini van pulled out of the hotel/ perkins parking lot in front of the bikes. He said it didnt look good.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
This doesn't sound good. I hope for the best for everyone involved.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bluemound & Brookfield area has really gotten out of control. My Prayers are out to those who need them.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I heard he didn't make it???? not sure though.....

If so, I am so sorry for his family....shit I almost got taken out today by a mini van too...not a good day for our peoples....

Cj

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
tried to do a little research and here's the story:

Motorcyclist, 65, killed in collision with van in Town of Brookfield
Town of Brookfield - A New Berlin man was killed Tuesday morning when his motorcycle collided with a van carrying an Iowa family on vacation, said Town of Brookfield police Sgt. Tim Imler.

Theodore J. Schill, 65, was pronounced dead just before 9 a.m. at the accident scene, near Barker Road and Blue Mound Road, by the Waukesha County medical examiner. The accident occurred at 7:20 a.m.

Schill stopped for a red light at the intersection, and when the light changed, he proceeded north on Barker on his 1993 Yamaha just as the van, a 2004 Pontiac Montana, pulled out of a Motel 6 parking lot at 20300 Blue Mound, Imler said.

Another cyclist traveling alongside Schill was able to stop, but Schill was not, Imler said. The two riders did not know one another, he said.

Speed may have been a factor in the accident, Imler said. Schill was not wearing a helmet, but state law does not require one. No one else was injured.

Flight for Life responded but did not transport Schill, Imler said.

Police think Schill was on his way to work at Russ's Shredded Bark & Topsoil, 1500 S. Springdale Road, where he was employed part time.

Schill's survivors include his wife, Donna; three daughters, Mary Lynn Dulberger, Debbie Bigler and Cathy Baker; a son, Todd Schill; and seven grandchildren.

Theodore Schill was an avid motorcyclist and a member of the Waukesha Corvette Club and loved the sport-styled cycles, his family said.

"The guy just loved life and always had a good time," Todd Schill said.

Theodore Schill was a retired Teamster truck driver who was working part time for something to do, his son said.

"He was there for you any time you needed him," Todd Schill said. "He was my best friend."

Krause Funeral Home, 12401 W. National Ave., is handling the arrangements.

Schill became Waukesha County's sixth motorcycle fatality this year. Statewide, at least 40 people have died as a result of motorcycle accidents, compared with 64 at this time last year, according to the state Department of Transportation.

so sad...this just proves that you dont have to worry about yourself but all the other idiotic people that aren't payin any frickin attention to you... please guys be careful
my prayers and thoughts go out to his family, may he rest in peace =(

·
Registered
444 Posts
This has just been a bad, bad summer for people on 2 wheels...

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Well I feel awful for the guy and his family, but only 40 deaths compared to 64 at this time last year is pretty significant. I'd say we're doing a little better.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
65 on a sport bike? Wowsers.....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
65 on a sport bike? Wowsers.....
I think it is 65 on two wheels in general. Statistical most of us on this board are in the safe zone. The people most likely to die on a motorcycle are those that are above 35 and are riding a cruiser style bike. Helmet use is also a factor obviously.

Those statistics kind of fit into what I've seen over the years. I remember when I went to bike night at solid gold McDonalds several years ago. Justin and myself were the only people wearing helmets in a group of about 30 when we rode afterwards. Now that has shifted and when I ride in a group almost everyone wears a helmet and most wear a jacket and gloves. People in the age group mentioned above however seem to still refuse to wear proper gear. I remember last year being at sportland 2 and trying on helmets. Some asshole was there trying on german style brain buckets. I'm not one to make judgements on what people think is safe but this guy was buying the helmet for his 7-10 year old son. I wanted to punch him in the face for that.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
calculusballer said:
Hey my dad who is 54 loves riding my F3, not all older guys settle for the Harley thing!
No, but as a rule they don't. I think the statistics really paint a picture of what British mags call "the Born again biker". That would be, a guy who rode when he was in his late teens early twenties, then quit due to family obligations, and now that he is "free" of said obligations goes out and buys a bike thinking that he is just as skilled as he was in the old days. Around here that would generally mean that he goes out and buys a Harley and puts himself at more risk than he ever knew.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That makes sense, I hate to use my dad as another example, but he's had a motorcycle license forever and didn't ride when me and my brothers were young but now he's getting back into it, but he knew he was rusty so he took the Harley MSF class (his work payed for 60% of it) and plans on buying a cruser (something modern like a Honda :)) Gear is a must. It's too bad when people feel they're invincible on a bike, you leave behind a lot more hurt than you'll ever know.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
calculusballer said:
That makes sense, I hate to use my dad as another example, but he's had a motorcycle license forever and didn't ride when me and my brothers were young but now he's getting back into it, but he knew he was rusty so he took the Harley MSF class (his work payed for 60% of it) and plans on buying a cruser (something modern like a Honda :)) Gear is a must. It's too bad when people feel they're invincible on a bike, you leave behind a lot more hurt than you'll ever know.
Your dad sounds like he did it perfect then :dblthumb and because he did it smart he won't become a statistic.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Justin and myself were the only people wearing helmets in a group of about 30 when we rode afterwards. Now that has shifted and when I ride in a group almost everyone wears a helmet and most wear a jacket and gloves. People in the age group mentioned above however seem to still refuse to wear proper gear. I remember last year being at sportland 2 and trying on helmets. Some asshole was there trying on german style brain buckets. I'm not one to make judgements on what people think is safe but this guy was buying the helmet for his 7-10 year old son. I wanted to punch him in the face for that.
i think its awesome that people are actually starting to make smart decisions and wearing the proper gear..i didnt have anything really when i first started but you better believe i had a helmet! just like seat belts they save lives believe it or not..and i just wonder how many lives WOULD have been saved for that reason alone.. to each its own i guess but im big on that because if my dad wouldnt have had his on he wouldn't be here today (i thank god every day for saving him) :leghump

1 - 19 of 19 Posts