Sport Bikes banner

Absolutely Brilliant use of Mind Games

572 views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  fengler 
#1 ·
I'm sure that like me, all of you are interested in how we as people react to stressful situations.

The paramount is the alone-with-zombies situation. I'm also sure you are all fasinated at how flexible our mind is at sheilding us and adapting to horrifying situations filled with panic and confusion.

Well, here I have a video of just this thing. A man used an arcade game designed to induce a semi-hypnotic effect in people.

Then comes the twist.

I suggest you all watch this.

FEAR

#3 · (Edited)
He actually used a form of epilepsy. Most people are not eplileptic, but about 1/3 of us are at risk of it. We have a safety shutoff system that stops us from being epileptic by knocking us out and basically putting us in REM state.

So, that's what the game and flashes were for.

In the building he passed out simply because he had been in that state so recently that it was an obvious option to his brain. Then the guy calmy walks in, apparently shrugs off his bullets, and grabs him. He reached a point of terror where his brain used the same shut off system.

And when you're that panicked nearly anyone will confuse an airsoft gun with a real gun. One minute he's in the pub, the next thing he's in a building that shouldn't exist with a gun in his hand with zombies coming at him.

#4 ·
Gnarly. I'd volenteer for that!

#6 ·
quantum physics teaches us thats its all an illusion anyway.

#11 ·
ServoR6 said:
Wow...what a cool video. Where did you find it, Xenohunter? And did you purchase San Andreas?
ah forgot where I found it, but I was searching for mind games and that video poped up at some forum. I'll try to see if I can find where I got it from.

Yeah I got it. You can do so much in that game compared to Vice city. Played it all day yesterday lol. Sweet game. :)

#14 ·
clearwaterms said:
i want to know if this is legit or BS. I would really like to know where you found this video, and more importantly did they tell the guy what happened?
okay i got the url to the site i got it from.

http://www.kontraband.com/main.asp?cat=movies

its about half way down call "real zombies." Not sure where that site got the video from though.

#15 ·
i call bullshit... i had a bad trip on ex once where i thought some shit was real that wasnt i still have flashbacks. that shit is scary shit like that causes permeanent damage. they shouldnt do that to people..... i would sue. it might be real though i dunno.

#16 ·
It's amazing what you can do with the mind....

#17 ·
posts in thread so i can remind myself to look at it when i get home

#20 ·
Mr. Lesbian said:
I bet it's real. And hell of a trip for .25 cents too! Don't think they'd want me to play though, I'd have punched and kicked them zombies too. lol.

Great find man.
Yeah I was just waiting for him to decide to 'conserve his ammunition' and start nailing them with the butt of the gun.... That's what I woulda done :)

#21 ·
Mr. Lesbian said:
I bet it's real. And hell of a trip for .25 cents too! Don't think they'd want me to play though, I'd have punched and kicked them zombies too. lol.

Great find man.
I was thinking the same thing. When I realized that the rifle was not working I would have reached for my .45 then shit would have got searious.

#22 ·
damn that was crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.