Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to get one, it should be here Friday...
Tell me EVERYTHING I need to know....
I can't sleep!
I gotta sell my 250r too.
Its a shame its not "Blue", its the Deep Red.
I know its an amazing bike but I want to hear it from you guys.
I am pretty concerned about the heavy clutch. Is there a mod for this?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ride the bike for a while, before you decide how the clutch feels. It's a great bike, you'll love it. First thing I do to a bike is upgrade the lightbulbs to Silverstars and install heated grip wraps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't find the clutch very heavy at all.....there was a time when mine was, but after a good thorough cleaning and lubing (ESPECIALLY the clutch perch pivot point) it isn't an issue. The only deal that I see with the clutch is the narrow friction zone, but you get used to it. I don't realize it until I ride another bike then get back on mine.

Its a great bike, I haven't had any issues with mine. It loves to be revved, and once you get used to it compared to your 250 it will get you in trouble if you listen to it....it will beg to be ridden like an animal.

I commute on mine, carve back roads, ride 2 up occasionally, take several hundred mile slab trips.....the works.

My only complaint is the terrible buffeting off the stock screen. I won't ride with a taller than stock screen, and I've experimented with cutting screens down, holes/slits in them, and nothing short of just removing it helps enough to bother with IMO.

Enjoy your new bike!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Windscreen

The bike i got has a Puig Darksmoke windscreen on it, he also gave me the stock windscreen. I think the Puig looks like a double bubble, and is a little taller than the stock.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Is there a problem with the stock headlight bulbs or are your headlights just superior.
Silverstars are a brighter bulb. It's a small investment to make, to see better at night. I value seeing better at night when I'm riding my bike.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
It's a great bike. Other than the pos steering head bearings, which some had issue with and others didn't, it's pretty much trouble free. You can stay at the speed limit but it wants to go much faster. Enjoy!

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's bloody marvelous! I use mine for commuting and have had 7 years / 24k trouble free miles. As others have indicated, screen causes a lot of buffeting.

For maintenance, oil and filter changes once a year and that's it. Changed tires at 12k (need another set) and she's only had 2 chain adjustments; 600 mile service and again when I changed tires. Mileage is still around 58mpg.

Oh, you're getting the best color :)

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
it's an awesome bike - I'm getting ready to sell my 2006 and I will miss it. Just cant afford to keep it on the road right now.
Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts