Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're riding on Sat instead...

And rather than Liberty, me and Kazlab are going to ride to the Mountains for the day.

You still in Sal?

We'll meet at the the Citgo (i believe) on 15/501. Take highway 64 to pittsboro, and get off on 15/501. At the top of the exit ramp, you can see the store (fairly good size gas station). We'll depart from there back onto 64, and hit 421 straight to the mountains.

So once again, post up bitches.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Come on you poseurs...it's time to hit the mountains...
I know that area like the back of my hand so it will be a good time. We can take some backroads, the Blue Ridge for the scenery, head toward Valle Crucis and in between where all the ski lodges are...Don't care...I have til Sunday morning to get back :2devil

It's almost exactly 3 hours from Raleigh to the Blue Ridge Parkway at the top of the Mountain at Deep Gap. From there we can head anywhere you want.
Thats with a couple of pit stops. Its pretty much all straight highway, 64W to 421N with a merge of 421N and I-40W from Greensboro to the West side of Winston Salem and then 421N peels off again straight to Deep Gap.

Attachments

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuck, if you've got till Sunday morning, lets all go in on a hotel and stay the night (the cheapes hole in the wall possible...i'm broke as hell....i'll even volunteer to sleep on the damn floor. :D ).

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awesome ride.... Mike and I had a great time last Fall....

·
Accepting Donations
3,915 Posts
Sorry folks... A little too far for me on a Sunday. Take lots of pictures! Especially of hot chicks... ya know... that might.... Like.... Live in the woods....

Or something.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on you bunch a pansies. 3 hours ain't THAT bad (I hope).

This will be my longest day riding so far.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never done 3 straight hours non stop (for the most part anyway) on anything. Longest straight ride was to Myrtle Beach at around 2.5 hours on the way down.

6 hours just riding there and back, and probably 3 to 5 riding around/resting there. I can feel the pain already.

So are you in Sal?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I am not gonna tell you its an easy ride. It is long. But the scenery is great. Boone is a college town for those that like college girls (sal) and its an experience.
The problem when me and Nate rode out was Nate had to be back by like 5:30 and he tells me this at the base of Grandfather Mountain at around 2:00 in the afternoon. So we jumped on it and after a straight shot down I-40 at 80MPH the whole way, we made it just in time. My hands were curled, my feet were numb and my body ached. But damn that was one of the best experiences I've had. So knowing I can take my time, it will be a breeze. And I do thank ya nate for going out there with me.
Hell, I've done the day ride myself once. Not to the top but just about, to the foothills in Wilkesboro. Another 20 minutes from there to the top.

·
Registered
791 Posts
is this 'deals gap" or "deep" gap. Sounds interesting but what time are u guys trying to leave. Leave as in head out.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leaving out at 9:00am sharp from the Citgo i described earlier in the post. Should be back by 9pm (i guess? Kazlab???).

And wake your ass up early so you can go with us. To hell with sleeping the daylight hours away. I'd like to ride up there before the temps reach 10,000 degrees. Leather gets damn hot. :D

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah we can be back by 9 no problem...whatever you guys wanna do...wife is out of town that day and I am free to ride.
For those that are scared, you can follow me and Will in a car :neener

·
Registered
791 Posts
LOL in a car LOL. Damn so ill have to wake up at 8am, which sucks. But ill do it. Im still uncertain where 15/501 is, I've heard the name before though. im about to try and google it.

ahh so we are going East ? I'm coming from US 1/Triangle town center, so ill need to hit 440 towards rocky mount, then 64 then 15/501 exit right ?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I was thinking of you Yo$hi, we will salute as we pass....
Snookay, we can meet and roll to meet Will if you want...I live in Cary...
Where are you coming from?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just hit 64....it'll run you into pittsboro where you'll see the exit for 15/501. easy as hell.

Kazlb - ROFL

1 - 20 of 81 Posts