Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting my search for an rc51. So tomorrow, I am going around to a few dealers and asking about prices. How much should I be looking to spend? I'm hoping for $9k OTD. My plan is to make the purchase this winter as I want to save enough money for a good down payment. I should have $3.5-4k by the beginning of january. I just want to get my homework done as early as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There were a few dealers around here that had some '03's marked down to 9,000 back in June without arguing at all so you should be able to get that without too much effort :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
yeah, i dont think that would be a problem either. I got my 03 last year in August and got it for $9700 otd. So a year later you should get a pretty decent price if you can find one.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wouldn't wait too long to try to snag a brand new 03. They are scarce, and from what I hear the 04 is the last of its kind. IMO, and because I have one :) , the 03 looks the best to me. I love the black tail.. Dam, did that sound right! :) 02 and 04s are okay, they are all the same, except the 04 has the little part to protect the dash.

Luck to you,

ceh

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to a couple dealers today. The first, they wanted 10,500 so i went to the dealer where I have bought all my bikes. This dealer just sold their '03 last week and have 2 '04s. The salesperson who i went through before said they wanted 11,300 but he would let it go for 10,995. Isn't 10,995 msrp? I saw that Lakehill motors has the 04's for 9999 but they are way too far for me. Plus, I really like the black frames so 04's will be a last resort.

How does a flat-black rc51 with gold anodized rims, levers and engine cases sound? Oh yea, with sato bonzai's too. And if I decide to sell the 9r, how 'bout some Ohlins goodies to help me around those curves?

·
Registered
321 Posts
bpmull said:
I went to a couple dealers today. The first, they wanted 10,500 so i went to the dealer where I have bought all my bikes. This dealer just sold their '03 last week and have 2 '04s. The salesperson who i went through before said they wanted 11,300 but he would let it go for 10,995. Isn't 10,995 msrp? I saw that Lakehill motors has the 04's for 9999 but they are way too far for me. Plus, I really like the black frames so 04's will be a last resort.

How does a flat-black rc51 with gold anodized rims, levers and engine cases sound? Oh yea, with sato bonzai's too. And if I decide to sell the 9r, how 'bout some Ohlins goodies to help me around those curves?
Sounds good, but in case you didn't know, a stock RC51 is a bad mo fo in its own right!! :) Most of my riding buddies are track freaks, they have Ohlins forks, shocks, or race-tech forks/penske shock. IMO, you can get by in the fast twistees with the stock suspension. Track is where those goodies come in. Also, I paid 10,350 otd for my 03 back in July 03.

IMO, silver, gold, and in my case, white wheels look much better then the dullazz stock black wheels. I plan on getting Sato rear sets, DK rebuilt forks, penske shock, CRG levers, all when they increased my SS check! :lol :lol

Luck to ya,
ceh

·
Registered
193 Posts
bpmull said:
. The salesperson who i went through before said they wanted 11,300 but he would let it go for 10,995. Isn't 10,995 msrp?
the 04's are selling for more this year cause of the fancy sticker kit thats on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts