Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally retook the MSF test today (and was wondering how I'd do since i haven't ridden my bike since last sunday, and felt rusty)...I wanted to beat my old (failing) score by at least 10 points, preferaby 12, and that is exactly what i did (12 points better than last time)...me and another guy from my old class retested today...and one lady that has failed, retested, re-failed, and decided to take the class all over again. I don't know how she did because we tested after the class was done with the bikes...

The double U-turn (basically figure 8) in The Box was still my worst thing, cause I still went outside the lines making the U-turns, but the near-paralyzing fear was gone...definitely better control of the bike...and last time, just going into the box was hard because you start out parallel to the box and have to curve into it...all the other exercises you start out facing the exercise, so you get to warm up to it by going in a straight line.

But now? I am good to GO! :D :beer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Congrats... Glad to hear you passed. I also HATED the figure 8. I blew it big time but didn't care. That was such a small part of the points if you failed. Hell, even all these yrs of riding, I still can't do it. HA! :lol

again, crongrats......

·
Registered
181 Posts
:dblthumb Major congrats!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congrats!!! :headbang
:smilierr

--Mod you want to post this in the right thread for me?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Way to go! Ride on girlfriend ~ :beer

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
We all knew you could do it!!!
Like JB, I still can't do the figure 8 either...oh well!!!
Nothing like the "M" endorsement on the license, eh???

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blndebmbr said:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
We all knew you could do it!!!
Like JB, I still can't do the figure 8 either...oh well!!!
Nothing like the "M" endorsement on the license, eh???
***jaw drops*** you can't do the figure 8?

Ok, in THAT case I definitely don't feel so bad. lol. :D

Yep, that M endorsement just 3 months after learning about the msf course and taking it, just 2 months after learning how to ride a bicycle (didn't realize we had to know that before the course until i read the msf site), and just 2 weeks after getting on a bike and learning clutch and so on (never drove standard)...***deep breath in and out*** feels damn good as soon as I take this card in there this week and take my new license pic! :D :D

Thanks everybody for the congrats. :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yeah for you!!!

You rock, but we knew that already.

·
Registered
79 Posts
congrats.

Just about everyone in my class messed up on the box. I myself have messed up on the box during the practice all 5 times. I went the wrong way...stalled the bike..went outside the box..and even almost dropped the bike.

But when the skill test came I did an almost perfect figure 8. I slightly dropped my right leg while coming out of the last loop..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations Brown. Job well done girlfriend...feels good don't it? I f*cked up the figure 8 too, no biggie, we all passed regardless!

·
Registered
79 Posts
At least now you know what you need to practice on...figure 8's :D

I been practicing and dropped my new bike 3 times all in u-turns :-/

twice in the street and once in a parking lot.

Its hard but you gotta do it. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats!! It feels so awesome to have that little completion card! I passed my class this past Sunday, it's still feels surreal. :)

I messed up the u-turns too, I put my foot down on both turns. So I'll be practicing those diligently. My instructors suggested clutching it a little just before you enter the turn(s), slowing that way versus using the brakes. Also, you'll want to put your weight on the outside footpeg to counterweight it. It worked in practice, I just couldn't do it during the test because I was nervous.

Oh well, I still passed! :banana Congrats again!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts