Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im taking a health class and we're supposed to go to an AA meeting. I cant take time off from my internship, so i was wondering if anyone who has been to one or has knowledge of one can help me answer some of these questions.
1) how were you and other participants greeted.
2) what behavioral techniques were used to help people change their behavior
3) what did you hear that influenced you

Thanks

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Quite the opposite. I'd be happy to tell you if you hadn't bullshitted about not being able to find a meeting that met your schedule. I'm not a Friend of Bill but I've been to several open meetings.

Anyone who can answer your question also knows that you can find a meeting at most any time of the day or night. Especially in a big-drinking area like the Cape.

http://www.capecodaa.com/TOWN PAGE.htm

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Quite the opposite. I'd be happy to tell you if you hadn't bullshitted about not being able to find a meeting that met your schedule. I'm not a Friend of Bill but I've been to several open meetings.

Anyone who can answer your question also knows that you can find a meeting at most any time of the day or night. Especially in a big-drinking area like the Cape.

+1 to this... I know of at least 6 different meetings in this area throughout the day and evening...I am sure your area is a populated as Tally is so I am sure you can find a meeting. Sounds to me like you are trying to skate through and let someone else do your work. You should attend a meeting, the experience will further your education

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
Sounds like someone trying to get out of some homework. Oh well, it's YOUR education - or lack thereof....

·
Registered
491 Posts
jim schmidt said:

Give me a friggin break.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I was ordered to go to one by a judge once,so I did,and left promptly when a sissy boy dressed in girl clothes tried to put a move on me.

What I did learn from it was,it's nothing more than a place for people that need a self pitty crutch.........High I'm john Doe and these people let me cry on thier shoulder every time I need to.........Give me a break,ya can't quite anything unless you really want to and if you really want to you don't need any help.

I'm off the rant now.......carry on.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I think the biggest advantage is, if you go to meetings daily, it will give you a chance to clean up and clear your mind so you can make better decisions. Of course, I have seen people come to meetings from the bar...But the whole, I have to be sober and responsible trip is its biggest advantage. you spend time in meetings instead of with a bottle

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
bumblebee said:
I think the biggest advantage is, if you go to meetings daily, it will give you a chance to clean up and clear your mind so you can make better decisions. Of course, I have seen people come to meetings from the bar...But the whole, I have to be sober and responsible trip is its biggest advantage. you spend time in meetings instead of with a bottle

That's it exactly. Most of the time people continue bad habits because they are at a loss about what else to do. They continue to hang out with the same crowd and do the same things. Kind of like guys who get out of prison with the best intentions and then wind up back with the same old crowd - and right back in trouble.

Going to these meetings is a chance to go out and do something new, a chance to form new habits and a chance to get a new peer group. Sometimes the best way to break a habit is to put a new one in its place.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
1) how were you and other participants greeted. With open arms and minds. But you could tell that me were looked down apon
2) what behavioral techniques were used to help people change their behavior. Mind games. People were told that if they did not changer there lives, satin was going to eat there children.
3) what did you hear that influenced you. All of the loser that were forced there by a judge

My friend forced my to write this.. True Story

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont mean to Thread-Jack or anything, but I really like 3.14's signature about Chaos Theory.

Back on Topic: Just go back to your health class and say that you have the right to remain annonymous, and if all else fails you could curl up in a ball in the corner screaming random shit :cheers

Naw, I'm just being stupid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts