Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Anyone notice how some of the stunters (or should I say stunnas) had the fairings removed from their bikes to protect their plastics but then were wearing no protective gear?

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
very nice. i think ive seen the guy on the gixxer who was doing a wheelie with his girlfriend when honda of houston had its grand opening.

·
2,238 Posts
toodlenocher said:
WTF is the point of completely shredding the tires like that?
good question. i think its just lame and a total waste of money.

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Tires get roasted when they are unsafe to ride on. I seriously doubt they are burning up new tires. You've never burned up a bald tire?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah most of em were on the last few miles

·
2,238 Posts
BSR423 said:
Tires get roasted when they are unsafe to ride on. I seriously doubt they are burning up new tires. You've never burned up a bald tire?
yeah but i was talking about guys ive seen who do stuff like that after only like 500 miles or so on their tires. i say if the tire is old then finish it up with a burn out but if youre doing that to a new tire youve got issues

·
AKQJT Suited
425 Posts
I never ride with shorts on, but they stunt with shorts....that crazy.
I once wore shorts on my bike...never again. First, its you get burned from the engine, second the rocks hurt at 60 mph.
Anyway, some sick stunts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah the guy on the F4i is only 15 years old. He's some kinda of boy stunt wonder...

·
Registered
484 Posts
That is fun to watch, but i just don't think i would ever want to try that on any public road or w/o my gear on. just my .02

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I like stunt videos. Highway wheelies/spreaders are more enjoyable ot watch IMO then circle wheelies and slow stuff

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
toodlenocher said:
WTF is the point of completely shredding the tires like that?

Part of stuntin is those rolling burnouts and after one or 2 of them the tire will be "square" flat in the center with distinct "edges" where the flat ends and the curve beging. Those edges make for a very nasty handling tire. (I know from experience.. :lol) Lean the bike into a turn it gets up on a very skinny little ridge of rubber where the flat and curvature of the tire meet and it's slippery as all hell! Especially on a wet road! :eek:

Once it gets like that best thing you can do is kill it! Might as well have some fun! :fiddy

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Ca$h said:
I like stunt videos. Highway wheelies/spreaders are more enjoyable ot watch IMO then circle wheelies and slow stuff
Anyone sittin on the tank doing wheelies has got some serious balls! I haven't done that and don't plan on it :lol I've done wheelies in virtually every other position except sittin on the tank!

Ya but that slow stuff takes alot more skill that the fast stuff.... a simple example anyone can try is let your bike idle and slip the clutch going as slow as you can and try to do a few full circles with the forks against the stops.... it's harder than ya think!

I gotta hand it to the guys that are doing the really slow and especially slow no hand stuff, (they do no handers by setting the idle high and using the rear brake to modulate speed/front wheel altitude) that takes some serious bike handling skills... much more than the high speed stuff because the natrual gyroscopic effect of the wheels spinning at speed isn't there to assist ya!

Thats how they can do the slow feet up rolling burnouts, keeping the back wheel speed high helps alot in maintaining your balance.

I can do it on my GSXR suprisingly easily, but when I try on my DR440 dualsport I found it dam near impossible until I got it spinning in 2nd or 3rd gear. :beer :fiddy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts