Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here in a while, and it looks like no one else has either.

Happy New Year.

I enjoyed the time I wasted here. I enjoyed all of you some of the time, and most of you most of the time. I hope you all are doing well. Good luck to all and may your wheels stay rubber side down.

If any of the old crowd is checking in for the new year, my real name is Jethro Albini. My email is jeffotrang at google mail dot com If you all want to get in contact with me, feel free (don't expect an immediate response, I live way above the arctic circle in the bush of Alaska so cell servise is spotty).

I split my time between Alaska (winters), Montana(summer), California(girlfriend), and Washington(Airport).

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It’s been a minute since I argued with some people on this site.

Cheers to all and much respect to all.

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
I haven't been here in a while, and it looks like no one else has either.

Happy New Year.

I enjoyed the time I wasted here. I enjoyed all of you some of the time, and most of you most of the time. I hope you all are doing well. Good luck to all and may your wheels stay rubber side down.

If any of the old crowd is checking in for the new year, my real name is Jethro Albini. My email is jeffotrang at google mail dot com If you all want to get in contact with me, feel free (don't expect an immediate response, I live way above the arctic circle in the bush of Alaska so cell servise is spotty).

I split my time between Alaska (winters), Montana(summer), California(girlfriend), and Washington(Airport).
Good to see you Jeffo. That part of Alaska is a little different - probably less sportbike riding going on than in other places. It's probably refreshing to be that far away from the crazy we have down here in the lower 48.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see you Jeffo. That part of Alaska is a little different - probably less sportbike riding going on than in other places. It's probably refreshing to be that far away from the crazy we have down here in the lower 48.
Sorry we never managed to meet up Gaolee, and yeah we don't do motorbikes up here much.

The P&R crazy though, it makes it up here a plenty.
Especially now that people seam to think oil is on the way out, and the free money is going away.

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
Sorry to hear it follows you to the ends of the earth. And, you at the ends of the earth, so I guess there's no respite. Just a slightly different crazy from the sounds of things.

Oil is on the way out, at least from the north slope. It has to be a certain temperature to flow, and when it comes out of the ground, it's plenty warm. When there's a good flow, it makes it all the way down to the Gulf of Alaska without a problem. Now that there's a far smaller flow, it's beginning to be problematic. Much less and there will be times it either stops or has to be heated in order to flow. It is slowly going away. Alaska will have a post-oil era soon enough.

·
Premium Member
13,438 Posts
Oh, wow! There still seems to be a little life in this room. I haven't been here in months and months! What with all the political bullshit going on in Trumpland, the site collapsed too early. Cheers to all. My 10,000+ posts while we were so active turn out to be wasted breath. Stay safe, everyone.

It's a different world we live in now.

·
Premium Member
13,438 Posts
I'm tryin', I'm tryin'

Luckily, I now live in the country. I bought a nice place and some acreage right on the McKenzie River (one of the great trout streams of the U.S.) and so I'm pretty well isolated from the unwashed contaminators. If trout are found to be virus vectors, I'm screwed! :)

But..you, too. Be safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts