Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 3 PM today, someone took my co-worker's Honda Helix. The crackhead didn't get very far, in fact he only managed to take it to the back of the parking lot, apparently behind the next building over. All this, in the pouring rain.

I'm not even sure how the owner found out, but when he went to look for it he found it deserted in a nearby corner. Some employees from that building told him they saw the guy, looked like he was "on something," and I guess they managed to scare him away. My co-worker brought the Helix back to our warehouse, and called the police to have a report filed.

I checked the bike over, looks like the asshole hotwired it by cracking the cover for the handlebars and pulling out the ignition wires. He also got the underseat storage open and stole the guy's hat, sweater, manual, tool kit, and other stuff. The scoot had a rain cover on, and he took that too. A plug that goes to the battery looked tampered with as well. I managed to undo most of the basic damage and get the bike running again, though this guy will take it to Honda in the morning for proper repairs.

Funnily enough, my CBR was directly behind the Helix - both are parked right outside our main dock, though the bay door remains closed to keep the AC inside. I always have my steering lock on, but my tailbag was on the rear seat. My bike looks to have been untouched. I don't know why but I sure as hell ain't complaining. Afterward, we pulled both bikes in, and tomorrow I will try to find an out-of-the-way spot for both in my department.

Miami Lakes is a major shithole - hell cops have told me it's one of the worst places to patrol on a weekend night - but who the hell would have known there was a scooter back there? Who's been scoping out our shit?

For the record, some guys tried finding the piece of shit punk, but they couldn't. If they had, the police would never have been called, and we would have all made sure the shitty crackhead would never walk again.

Man, I hate Miami-Dade county more and more everyday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Gabriel,

I know exactly where that Helix was at. I remember seeing it when I was over your work over the weekend.

It is freaking incredible that they would do that.

By the way, didn't know that ML was so bad!

I am VERY glad that your bike is ok - you park right infront of the Helix - saved by the bell, ah?

Well, get some rest and if there is anything I can be of help just give me a buzz....

GA-SoreAss #2

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I hate thieves

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you. I know how it feels not to have anywhere to park :(

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Chinygyal said:
Glad everything worked out for you. I know how it feels not to have anywhere to park :(
You have somewhere to park...you want to keep your bike at my place? :cheers

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Try locking up the scooter together with the Honda!!!! Long chain, good lock. Glad he didn't lose the bike... too bad he has to get it fixed... such a pain...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
HamG said:
You have somewhere to park...you want to keep your bike at my place? :cheers
So you can see everytime I go riding :lao

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Chinygyal said:
So you can see everytime I go riding :lao
What does parking have to do with riding?? :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to my boss today - we're gonna put in a steel post with thick ass chains right into the ground where we park. Everyday we'll just chain them down. Nothing's safe in this cesspool of trash called Miami :rolleyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts