Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you all think about having a KC chapter SBN meet up / ride?

I was thinkin about this after talkin with Spooner. I would like to meet the rest of you and ride it would be nice to put names & faces together. See the bikes in case were ever out and about etc etc. I don't really get into the huge group rides at all so I am not too interested in the Sonic group thing on the weekends in olathe or independence. I did the olathe one a couple times a few years back and was not down with that scene at all. I was think just a friendly meet & greet. Go for a good laid-back relaxed ride maybe some where to get some lunch then some more riding. Just the cats from here.. Something to do on a sunday afternoon.

Any thoughts?
 

·
I TOLD YA...
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
sounds good to me :dblthumb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
Im game for that! :dblthumb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thoughts on places to ride / eat ? I know alot of you are from the lawrence area.. I am from MO and not real familier with the KS roads I know levenworth has some decent roads over by there but I can't remember where exactly.

I was thinking of planning this for few weekends away that way we could try to get as many of us there as possible. I know it will be difficult to get schedules worked out anybody wanna put out dates?

I was thinking maybe as far out as Sunday Sept 5th? Aug 29th is out as that is the ride around the city deal for team XMX I wanna try to make it to that event. And Sept 11th & 12th are out for me as that is the weekend of my 1 year wedding anniversary..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
531 Posts
I'll be caneoing the last weekend of august. How about the 22nd of Aug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't got anything going on that sunday... Anyone else? as long as thats not too soon to get people involved im down.
 

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
august 22nd isn't good here as there is a track day in St. Louis that weekend I would like to attend. I might be down for 9/5. Teh new schedule isn't out yet so I"m not for sure on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright yall I'm out for the day.. I will check back tommarow and see where this has progressed. Think about places to go etc too..
 

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
soaking up the beer? man, John, I gotta try that sometime :D maybe King could be a lowdown on it...calling GK, calling GK
 

·
I TOLD YA...
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
silent_R1 said:
soaking up the beer? man, John, I gotta try that sometime :D maybe King could be a lowdown on it...calling GK, calling GK


you rang? :alky :alky
 

·
Tallahassee Powersports
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
Fuscat said:
Go for a good laid-back relaxed ride maybe some where to get some lunch then some more riding. Just the cats from here.. Something to do on a sunday afternoon.

Any thoughts?

My big thought is that when most of these cats get together to ride, it turns into a very spirited ride. They cannot seem to get on the highway (say 435) and ride below 85 mph... usually running around 100-130 up to Hwy 5 or where ever. Im not saying this is bad, but some people do not like to run from the police, that is not part of an enjoyable ride to them. You just might want to make it overly clear to as what type of ride you are expecting. If you get a nice leisurely pace ride together, then Meg and I would love to get our bikes out and ride with the group. Im not flaming anyone here, just trying to get a feel for what kind of a ride we are REALLY talking about!!

Otherwise, lets just have another SBN night at a bar, and have a blast, its been a while since we did that also.... :alky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Figure out a date so I can shoot it down.

My work schedule is about to change so I dunno what would work for me at the moment.
 

·
I TOLD YA...
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
XRacerX said:
My big thought is that when most of these cats get together to ride, it turns into a very spirited ride. They cannot seem to get on the highway (say 435) and ride below 85 mph... usually running around 100-130 up to Hwy 5 or where ever. Im not saying this is bad, but some people do not like to run from the police, that is not part of an enjoyable ride to them. You just might want to make it overly clear to as what type of ride you are expecting. If you get a nice leisurely pace ride together, then Meg and I would love to get our bikes out and ride with the group. Im not flaming anyone here, just trying to get a feel for what kind of a ride we are REALLY talking about!!

Otherwise, lets just have another SBN night at a bar, and have a blast, its been a while since we did that also.... :alky

heh yeah thats a good idea. zt and i for the most part like to take it easy on the straights and what not, but do like to hit it a bit in the few and far between twisties kansas has to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
I'd like to just meet people and drink. I haven't done that in a while and if there is any drinking involved my cycle will remain in the garage.

I mean seriously.. if you want to plan something different and more personal I would reccomend this. We ALL have bikes.. we all ride.. so and if you want to meet people chasing after them isn't really the greatest way to get to know them.

Sadly enough.. I got to know most of the people that I ride with now sitting in a emergency room waiting room :\
 

·
I TOLD YA...
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
heh welp you all know zach and i are ALWAYS down for drinkin :alky :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
As long as I can get Guiness on tap. I will be a pig in shit.
 

·
I TOLD YA...
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
EricKC said:
As long as I can get Guiness on tap. I will be a pig in shit.

OMFG DUDE!!!! ive said it before and ill say it again, i think you are my long lost twin...


 
1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Top