·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Tired of working on it?

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. My plugs fouled themselves somehow overnight when I stayed at my G/F's downtown. Needless to say, Don and Roys is going to be getting a bitch slapping. $280 to have them play with the carbs and get the bike to stop fouling plugs and it just keeps happening. Im bringing it back to have them take it apart again at their own expense (any respectable business will back up their own work) and then Im going to put it up for sale.

I hate carburators. Im switching to fuel injection.

·
Registered
878 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Don and Roys.........
....(any respectable business will back up their own work)
These two don't fit together. good luck.

Also, why is the bike loaded up like that? That's usually how they get a bike moving if it's crashed or something. No one has a truck to load it in? or they couldn't come with a flatbed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The FZR's use a Mikuni side floatbowl carb setup.

As a result, it's VERY important to set your float height correctly.

If you don't have it exactly frigin right, your float bowls will fill slightly high, allowing the excess gas that's past the fuel pump to drain into your intake through the main jet and flood it.

That would be my guess. Either that, or you have a faulty needle jet(s).

If Don & Roys wasn't involved, I woudl suggest you buy 4 carb rebuild kits, and correctly set the float height. I have a special little tool from Factory Pro if you need some help doing it. Otherwise, you can just use a nice ruler or D-calipers. just make sure you don't compress the needle jet when you're measuring.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
project_mercy said:
The FZR's use a Mikuni side floatbowl carb setup.

As a result, it's VERY important to set your float height correctly.

If you don't have it exactly frigin right, your float bowls will fill slightly high, allowing the excess gas that's past the fuel pump to drain into your intake through the main jet and flood it.
My FZR used to flood all the time. That thing kind of pissed me off all the time.

On a side note, I wouldn't necessarily blame carbs for the problem. There are many carbed bikes out there that run like champs all the time. But, FI is nice so go for it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts