Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is simply amazing. I would have loved to be in his shoes!

Link to video:
Home | Red Bull Stratos

"Austria's Felix Baumgartner earned his place in the history books on Sunday Oct 14 after overcoming concerns with the power for his visor heater that impaired his vision and nearly jeopardized the mission.

Baumgartner reached an estimated speed of 1,342.8 km/h (Mach 1.24) jumping from the stratosphere, which when certified will make him the first man to break the speed of sound in freefall and set several other records* while delivering valuable data for future space exploration."

·
Registered
649 Posts
I want to see his helmet cam now!!! I guess we will have to wait till the Discovery special on it to see it...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I was not able to watch it live. :( Yea gonna have to wait. :tremble

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Sweet. I was wondering how he did.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
this conversation has been ongoing in the BS thread. I was super bummed I had an appointment which meant I left when he was still climbing at 80,000 some-odd feet. I got some updates along the way but i did not indeed get to witness the actual event.

:sadpanda

but kudos to him for doing it- that's insane- literally insane.

Reactions: Dem0nDuck

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Well since he is still alive I wouldn't consider it a "death" spiral.

And if you feel 23 plus mile fall from space.... Doesn't warrant a shit shit shit moment I don't know what wouldn't.

Reactions: Dem0nDuck

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is funny boner. Leave it to the news to not have a clue.

Also sry for posting up something that was already being discussed. I looked around but didn't see it when I posted up..... didn't look hard enough I guess.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
No worries... Lots of stuff gets buried under the BS thread... Pretty sure this deserves its own!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts