Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried installing my front flushmounts last night and it looked pretty damn simple. Cut stock wires, connect to new wires ground to ground positive to positive. I did just that double and triple checked and now the front signals don't work. The rear signals blink a lot faster now so I thought I got bad bulbs. I bought two new bulbs today and still no joy. I checked the fuse and all is good. I tried switching the wires around in case I was wrong and that didn't work. Does anybody know what the hell is going on? I can't believe I can't do something as simple as this. Also I haven't taped up the wires yet because I wanted to be sure that they worked first. Could open wires be the problem, I don't think so but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance.

P.S. A six pack of beer or coke or water or kool aid to the first person with the correct solution. Thank you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The resistance on the bulbs are different than stock thats why the rears blink so much faster now. You thoeretically may add a resistor to get the correct resistance back but its a pain in the ass I tried it!. When you say they dont work do they not work as running lights(ie. constantly on) or
as blinkers? My Honda gave me grief when I switched to flushmounts.
Stock was 3 wire & I went to 2 wire (dual vs. single filament) I ended up taking the 3 wire guts out of the stock & using them in the flushmounts- thanks to liquid nails!! Now I have stock running lights & turn signals that blink at the stock rate. Since the rears work the fronts should as well I dont know did you check the fuses in case one blew when you stripped the wires?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The wires are two stock and two for the flushmounts. The front signals don't come on at all for signal or running lights. Only the rear ones are fully operational except for the fast blinking which I don't mind (I think it makes my point clear that I'm changing lanes :)). Yeah I checked the fuse and it's intact.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bring it over to my house, and we will take a look at it.. Give me a call, (702) 355-1316.. I am close enough not to be a problem, a whole 3 blocks at most.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All is good now thanks to Don (Thanks again Don). He figured out that I was grounding the wire in the wrong place. I wasn't closing the circuit. So simple now that I see what the problem was. It sure is nice to have good people to consult with and get help.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hell ya, looks like beer for me.. :flipa

Who is that chick in your avatar lloyd? big ass tongue, kinda makes you wanna suck on it.. Or something like that...

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
224 Posts
You know Ice I was thinkig the same thing. Elvis is MIA for a while then she shows up kinda makes you wonder....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts