Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I had my first encounter ever with somebody who obviously dislikes sportbikes. I was riding to work on saturday through moderate holiday weekend traffic. The left lane was open and I was moving around 55 mph, (limit 50), while cars were going around 45 in the right lane. I have to slow down cause some fat guy with his fat ugly wife prob in their late 30's decides to switch to the left lane in his jeep wrangler with the top off as I am coming up. He then proceeds to go 42 mph, in the left lane. He had a few opertunities to switch back over to the right, but didn't, I could've be a dick and bang it down a gear and blow past, but I'm in no rush to get to work. The guy keeps checking his rearview mirror, obviosly looking at me. Maybe he doesn't like my following distance. Then he turns to his fatass wife and says something to her while she was eating something out of a food tray, in which she then flicks up in the air launching pieces of food my direction, which unfortunatly for them, most went into the right lane instead of towards me. I saw an opening and decided that staying behind these people isn't in my best interest, so I bang down a gear and pass them on the right while performing the one finger salute. What would you guys do in a situation like this? I'm glad the food didn't hit me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You did the right thing by keeping your cool . The dude was probably just jealous that his fat ass would swallow a bike if he tried to sit on one.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would like to hope I would do whatever I could to put as much distance between us as fast as possible without endangering myself or anyone around me. Buuuuuuuttttt............sometimes it takes extra effort to restrain myself from doing something stupid.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
i would have either blew past him, wheelied past him, or knocked his mirror off and took off. in this situation most likely just flew past him.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Keep your distance from all cars.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well good thing you didn't get hit with the food, seems like you made the right choice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
smart thing to do- sanely pass them when chance arrives
what i wouldve done-gear down to 2nd, clutch it, ride a stand up by them in the inside emergency lane and dissappear into the distance

·
Banned
912 Posts
All I can say is riden boots leave I nice dent and srtach in the side of some one's car!

·
Banned
912 Posts
KYGixxer said:
smart thing to do- sanely pass them when chance arrives
what i wouldve done-gear down to 2nd, clutch it, ride a stand up by them in the inside emergency lane and dissappear into the distance
Then you hit the rumble strips and crash. Good thinking ass bag!

·
Registered
25 Posts
marsolais said:
Then you hit the rumble strips and crash. Good thinking ass bag!
hahahahahaha... ass bag.... ahahahah

Like the others said, the best thing to do is put as much space between you and the cage as possible. I would have had a hard time fighting the urge to flip them off or something while putting in the said distance.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts