Sport Bikes banner

61 - 80 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
learning whelies

Hey,
I just read the guide to wheelies by JUSTIN and it was very helpful but I have a question if anyone can help me with it. I have an '04 Honda cbr 600. I am learning to do wheelies and i am fairly good at them ( in first gear). In second gear I try dumping the clutch and it just won't come up (it comes up a little but nowhere close to being able to stand it up) , even when ive got it almost to the rev. limit. Is it something im doing or is my bike just not powerfull enough for that? Any advise would be apriciated.

- Justin M.-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,
CBR is definitely powerful enough to get up in 2nd. Give it a little more revs, I usually don't look at meter anymore when I am poping it, but for my 636 in 2nd bike is close to 10K and go for ever in 2nd. CBR should do about the same

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya man... just give it some more revs before you pop the clutch.... i have an 06 gix and b4 that i had an 04 r6 and both are about the same... rev up to bout 9 grand..... then gas and clutch it.... itll come up just fine... be ready tho!

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
badgixxer said:
how the ;fuck you gotta write that much shit ofror how to ridee a wehiellie??? :wtf

eiitdit what gthe fuxckis the damn hawaht the fukc smilie??

http://rapidshare.com/files/4374392/how_2_wheelie.wmv fot teh dwunkz.... watch n learn :D Superbikes Magazine How to Wheelie Vid.... (exelent magazine btw)
Download instructions for teh stuntaz.... clicky linky, wait till page opens, scroll down click on "FREE" wait aprox 60 seconds, enter numbers that appear in box, click on link .... get :eatpop n :alky enjoy :banana

This is the 30 buck version....

You tellem BG :lao

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to straddle an 02 R1, and wheelies were so easy...often unintentional...However, I have accepted my age, and moved on to a more comfortable 06 hayabusa. While the HayBus has plenty of power, it is a significantly heavier, and longer scooter. Who has experience lifting a hayabusa up, and what is your advise?

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
The only problem is the wheelbase causing the wheel to lift slower and the balance point is slightly higher.

They arent that different but you have to clutch them. Trying to power them up like its a 01-02 literbike, the easiest kind to get the wheel up fast from having a liters torque with a 05-06 750s gearing, isnt going to work.

·
Registered
486 Posts
suzhaybus said:
I used to straddle an 02 R1, and wheelies were so easy...often unintentional...However, I have accepted my age, and moved on to a more comfortable 06 hayabusa. While the HayBus has plenty of power, it is a significantly heavier, and longer scooter. Who has experience lifting a hayabusa up, and what is your advise?
never been on a busa, but from what I hear they're a pain to do bp wheelies on, but can be done. here a pic of jason britton 12'ing a busa.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
ramosr6 said:
what about doing wheelies on a 2005 r6
Also check out the vids...They bring all the info in the stickies together and give you a visual demonstration!

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I'm surprised that so many FZ6 owners post here but none in this thread. We're supposed to have more torque mid range rpms so it would be interesting to hear from people who've tried it on my bike. I'm going to play with this on the weekend. i used to power wheelie 6-10" off the ground when I first got my bike (and my 500) but got really spooked one time when it came up fast in traffic and I only wanted to pass a car.

·
Dare Devil!
85 Posts
Well i'm a fz6 owner PCHbreeze and i started learning 2 wheelie about 1 month ago... only just managed 2 ride it through first gear but now i want 2 keep it going through the gears (start of with trying to go into 2nd and through that first) if i'm wheelying in first and its starting 2 get 2 high revs whats the best way 2 change into 2nd (with clutch or without? also if not using clutch, holdin the power on or quickly let it off to change up 2 2nd?)

Cheers, Brad.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Brad12345 said:
Well i'm a fz6 owner PCHbreeze and i started learning 2 wheelie about 1 month ago... only just managed 2 ride it through first gear but now i want 2 keep it going through the gears (start of with trying to go into 2nd and through that first) if i'm wheelying in first and its starting 2 get 2 high revs whats the best way 2 change into 2nd (with clutch or without? also if not using clutch, holdin the power on or quickly let it off to change up 2 2nd?)

Cheers, Brad.
Be very careful switching gears....First to second with torque and you can easily end up on your ass.......Use the clutch slightly, let off of power and be prepared to get right back on the gas before the front end drops to far to recover.....Switching in wheelies is not easy at all........I would suggest to start your wheelies in 2nd and get them to BP.....That way you only have one gear to contend with......:cheers

·
Dare Devil!
85 Posts
Well i'v started trying 2 lift the front in 2nd using the clutch but my bike just doesnt seem 2 want 2. I'm trying it at about 40mph (fairly high revs) and then i put the throttle on 2 about 3/4 and then (with 2 fingers) clutch it but the front end just bobs its head a little bit or it just seems 2 race off. I know this probably sounds really stupid but it shudnt take that much revs 2 lift the front end in 2nd should it? 1st pops up easy.

Cheers, Brad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brad12345 said:
Well i'v started trying 2 lift the front in 2nd using the clutch but my bike just doesnt seem 2 want 2. I'm trying it at about 40mph (fairly high revs) and then i put the throttle on 2 about 3/4 and then (with 2 fingers) clutch it but the front end just bobs its head a little bit or it just seems 2 race off. I know this probably sounds really stupid but it shudnt take that much revs 2 lift the front end in 2nd should it? 1st pops up easy.

Cheers, Brad.
yea dude i got the same question i can't get mine to pull up either...

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
ZxHunteR said:
more throttle

It isn't the bikes fault. The bike isn't the one thats scared to rev higher.

:lol

On a side note, i did my first good wheelie yesterday. I just turned onto a open road in first gear. Blipped the throttle to get it ready, hit it again, and she came right up. But boy did it hit hard.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Giannirides said:
This input has helped me a great deal; now I just have to quit pussin out and let it get up to the balance point.
Welcome to the club. Lately I've been shifting at high rpm's (just to ride fast) and because I usually skip 2-3 gears (instead of gearing up one at a time) I've gotten these hard jolts that have rattled me. I keep forgetting at times how much kick my bike has, and when it comes time to ball up and wheelie, I worry about flippng myself off the bike :rolleyes

61 - 80 of 189 Posts