Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
So when you clutch it up you actually drive the bike to 8k or so RPM's then pull in the clutch and release it? I just don't get the clutching it up thing, I'm afraid it's gonna swing back on me. Tonight me and my buddy (both newer gsxr 600's) were trying to power them up in first. I could get mine a few inches off the ground but that was it. I'd rev til about 8k and then whack the throttle some (I dont think I was wot) but it was just no go. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mattz, I'm still learning myself, but you must be doing something wrong. I have an SV650 and I know your GSXR has more power than my bike. I accelerate to 6500 RPM, shut the thottle hard, and bring it right back on, close to wide open in one quick motion. It's like snapping the throttle open.

With the clutching thing, I'm pretty sure the idea is to get the bike up at lower RPM. To do this you get the bike up to about 4k RPM, pull clutch in, get RPM into power range (6 - 8k RPM) then drop the clutch on it while keeping the throttle on. This allows you to get the engine in its power range when dropping the clutch. Keep practicing and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
PVaultGuy said:
Mattz, I'm still learning myself, but you must be doing something wrong. I have an SV650 and I know your GSXR has more power than my bike. I accelerate to 6500 RPM, shut the thottle hard, and bring it right back on, close to wide open in one quick motion. It's like snapping the throttle open.

With the clutching thing, I'm pretty sure the idea is to get the bike up at lower RPM. To do this you get the bike up to about 4k RPM, pull clutch in, get RPM into power range (6 - 8k RPM) then drop the clutch on it while keeping the throttle on. This allows you to get the engine in its power range when dropping the clutch. Keep practicing and let me know how it goes.
Okay so on power ups you bring it into powerband then let off and hit it wide open fast? Before I was just bringin it into powerband then I'd thump on the throttle.

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes if I mess with it anymore. I had to of looked like an idiot last night going down the road with my back going VROOOM VROOOM VROOM and me trying to pull the handlebars off. ahaha

·
Registered
7 Posts
To power up any bike you want to use the fat part of the torque curve. On my SV650S it is between 6500 - 7500 RPM, this is where the engine has the most leverage/torque to lift the front end. So get the bike up to the fat part slam the throttle closed and rip it back open and she'll come up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
PVaultGuy said:
To power up any bike you want to use the fat part of the torque curve. On my SV650S it is between 6500 - 7500 RPM, this is where the engine has the most leverage/torque to lift the front end. So get the bike up to the fat part slam the throttle closed and rip it back open and she'll come up.

Gracias senior.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have noticed on my 03 GSXR 600 that my rear dunnie has to be quiet gummy to bring the front end up or the rear tire it will kick out on me. But for the most part clutching is WAY better (more control). Thanks for the adice and tips bro!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I gave it another try today. Brought it to about 7k and let off then whacked the throttle, it came up a little bit higher today but when it went back down my balls met the tank... wow did that hurt. How do you guys keep from doing this?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mattz said:
Well I gave it another try today. Brought it to about 7k and let off then whacked the throttle, it came up a little bit higher today but when it went back down my balls met the tank... wow did that hurt. How do you guys keep from doing this?
Don't slam the throttle shut once the front comes up. The front will come up, then you back off on the throttle a bit and it'll start to go down, give it a bunch more gas to bring it back up and click into second if you want to ride it out, or give it a little bit of gas (progressively slighlty rolling on the throttle till the front touches) and set it down nice and soft.. it'll save you fork seals too :banana

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your bike is under a 1000 to bring it up in second or third, you will have to compress the shocks when you pop the clutch, also learning to pop the clutch will help you pop wheelies in second and third, if you only learn to power wheelie, you wont be able to get it up in higher gears

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
how the ;fuck you gotta write that much shit ofror how to ridee a wehiellie??? :wtf

eiitdit what gthe fuxckis the damn hawaht the fukc smilie??

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
oh yehah this is gixrserking and im a durnunk motherefucmker.. imje errr i mean drunnk mopherfukeer

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmm

f4rider said:
get that power wheelie shit out of here
:rolleyes

Just because your bike can’t do a power wheelie don’t knock it, Most of the time I just power wheelie then shift once then I got plenty of revs to work with.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
I had my buddy doing some slow ones and 12's around a parking lot on mine and he raised my idle speed. Does this have any advantage...and what should I raise it up to?

21 - 40 of 189 Posts