Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two orders of business regarding Fred. First things first: If we bear witness to the plain, unvarnished truth, then the sea of pessimism, on which Fred so heavily relies, will begin to dry up. I am being utterly serious when I say that unlike him, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if -- and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of "innocent until proven guilty" -- Fred were not actually responsible for trying to grant a free ride to the undeserving, then I'd stop saying that implying that university professors must conform their theses and conclusions to Fred's superstitious prejudices if they want to publish papers and advance their careers is no different from implying that the majority of avaricious, brainless killjoys are heroes, if not saints. Both statements are ludicrous. The baneful nature of his ploys is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify.

While we all despair over Fred's featherbrained arguments, we must also remember the principles that will guide our better behaviors and higher aspirations. On the other hand, Fred says that his complaints are Holy Writ. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to test another formula for silencing serious opposition. I have never been in favor of being gratuitously abominable. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to call a spade a spade.

Fred's treatment of communism mirrors the attitude that many grotesque thought police hold towards unilateralism. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation. If Fred gets his way, none of us will be able to maintain social tranquillity. Therefore, we must not let Fred take advantage of human fallibility to suppress people's instinct and intellect. Every time he gets caught trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame to 15 months, he promises he'll never do so again. Subsequently, his pals always jump in and explain that he really shouldn't be blamed even if he does, because, as they maintain, a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. Human life is full of artificiality, perversion, and misery, much of which is caused by predaceous, dodgy publishers of hate literature. Carry on...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Hmmm...I don't quite get it. It's got lots of big words, and I have one minute left on my lunch break, so I don't have time to read for comprehension. Can someone give some Cliff's Notes?

·
Super Moderator
14,141 Posts
snigg said:
I have two orders of business regarding Fred. First things first: If we bear witness to the plain, unvarnished truth, then the sea of pessimism, on which Fred so heavily relies, will begin to dry up. I am being utterly serious when I say that unlike him, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if -- and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of "innocent until proven guilty" -- Fred were not actually responsible for trying to grant a free ride to the undeserving, then I'd stop saying that implying that university professors must conform their theses and conclusions to Fred's superstitious prejudices if they want to publish papers and advance their careers is no different from implying that the majority of avaricious, brainless killjoys are heroes, if not saints. Both statements are ludicrous. The baneful nature of his ploys is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify.

While we all despair over Fred's featherbrained arguments, we must also remember the principles that will guide our better behaviors and higher aspirations. On the other hand, Fred says that his complaints are Holy Writ. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to test another formula for silencing serious opposition. I have never been in favor of being gratuitously abominable. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to call a spade a spade.

Fred's treatment of communism mirrors the attitude that many grotesque thought police hold towards unilateralism. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation. If Fred gets his way, none of us will be able to maintain social tranquillity. Therefore, we must not let Fred take advantage of human fallibility to suppress people's instinct and intellect. Every time he gets caught trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame to 15 months, he promises he'll never do so again. Subsequently, his pals always jump in and explain that he really shouldn't be blamed even if he does, because, as they maintain, a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. Human life is full of artificiality, perversion, and misery, much of which is caused by predaceous, dodgy publishers of hate literature. Carry on...
I've been debating with myself over the last few weeks whether or not I should write this letter. Obviously, I outvoted myself and wrote it. I concluded I absolutely had to tell you that anyone who says that some people deserve to feel safe while others do not can be branded as both horny and unpatriotic. Let me cut to the chase: Snigg is a psychologically defective person. He's what the psychiatrists call a constitutional psychopath or a sociopath. As immoral as his expostulations are, if you read between the lines of his op-ed pieces, you'll unquestionably find that I can easily see him performing the following vexatious acts. First, Snigg will bamboozle people into believing that the Earth is flat. Then, he will shame my name. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind. He demands obeisance from his emissaries. Then, once they prove their loyalty, Snigg forces them to impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior he disapproves of.

Armed only with a white shirt, pocket protector, slide rule, thick glasses, and some other neat stuff, I have determined that his perorations may have been conceived in idealism, but they quickly degenerated into ignominious quislingism. Snigg has always promoted the trendiest causes, the causes that all of the important people promote. How does Snigg deal with this fascinating piece of information? He entirely ignores it.

Two quick comments: 1) His proxies can be stereotyped as naive tools of prepackaged political ideology and scabrous huffy-types to boot, and 2) he really shouldn't conduct business in a fastidious, deceitful way. That's just common sense. Of course, the people who appreciate his manifestos are those who eagerly root up common sense, prominently hold it out, and decry it as poison with astonishing alacrity. So don't tell me that he doesn't want equality, but revenge just because the world has a surplus of stupidity. While I, not being one of the many inimical egotists of this world, maintain that Snigg has every right to his invidious opinions, it doesn't do us much good to become angry and wave our arms and shout about the evils of his writings in general terms. If we want other people to agree with us and join forces with us, then we must provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, free from fanaticism, favoritism, and all other forms of prejudice and intolerance. Finally, any one of the points I made in this letter could be turned into a complete research paper, but the conclusion of each would be the same: Egotism has never been successful in the long run

·
Registered
133 Posts
sparing the long long winded paragraph i think they are arguing about fred's philosophy of if you don't like the changes, leave.

then again it almost sounds as if a thread was locked and sniggs is upset about it.

both are so vague it sounds as if i'm reading the constitution. except their included names make me realize i'm not

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

Yah, that's what I'm thinking. Without knowing what exactly started this argument, it's hard to tell where it is going, and you can't make any decisions about who is at fault.

·
Registered
216 Posts
brentsR6 said:
did yall copy and paste this from some psychological journal ro something and put each other's name's in it? :D

i dont know enough about this so ill just stay out of it
HAHAHAHA, that is what I was thinking, i was about to do a search on the net. I still might. Shit, my head hurts now! :confused:

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

For what it's worth, and this is no shot at Fred, but he doesn't seem that "eloquent" with his words...who knows, maybe they did just copy and paste from something.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Minimalism has it's place. It's place is here.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts