Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the first pics that I've had time to take. Been so busy lately with work and school I've only had time to ride it 4 or 5 times in since I got it a couple weeks ago. Maybe you guys can give me some input, I got this transparent yellow headlight cover thing for free with the bike, not sure if I want to use it or not :confused:

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
:nice, i see a spare marchisini in the background?? arrow vs termi's........hmmm........i like termi's...

ohlins.......you got a a steal.

whats the first thing your gonna do? i recommend te SBK screen......

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far my impressions of it are as follows:

1) One word: "LOUD" (but an awesome loud)
2) The 190 rear tire has gotta go. I like the tire so far, but this bike needs a 180 on the back, the front tire does great.
3) Still loving the GP style shifting as always. I like the rearsets
4) More torque than a Honda Civic
5) Love the "piss on Japan" sticker :flipa
6) Suspension is set up for a rider about 35 pounds lighter than me, so it needs to be setup, which I'll get done over the offseason.

Any comments are welcome!

Jason

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PartsPimp said:
Very nice bike man. What headlight cover are you talking about?
The one is the very last picture. Not sure what I think about it yet.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RACER X said:
:nice, i see a spare marchisini in the background?? arrow vs termi's........hmmm........i like termi's...

ohlins.......you got a a steal.

whats the first thing your gonna do? i recommend te SBK screen......
Yeah, I do like Termis better, but the Arrows sound great too. I need to get a CF rear hugger, that's probably the first thing I'm gonna do, that or the 180 rear tire. Also, yeah that is a spare Marchesini in the background =D I always like to keep an extra wheel/tire ready to go, no specific reason really, just like to have it ready.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I am not feeling the yellow covers........looks better stock.

Damn sexy bike FF, keep it clean

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
omg dude i love your avatar. i guess thats the same as on the bike? i need one of those on mine, hahahah

awesome ride by the way. 'Ducati, the OTHER Italian bike'

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Red bodywork is off of a wrecked 996. I'm planning on getting it all painted black and doing a "Monstermob" race replica over the winter. I still need to get a tank, I got the fairings for $100 :D

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ca$h said:
I am not feeling the yellow covers........looks better stock.

Damn sexy bike FF, keep it clean
Yeah, I'm leaning towards leaving them off too, I don't like them that much, especially if it ends up dimming my lights out a little at night.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ok i'm jealous now... and leave those headlight covers off. have fun with that fine piece of machinery.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Sweet bike. I'd definately lose the headlight covers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very sexy bike, how much did you pick that up for?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$10,500, not a smoking deal, but not a horrible one either. I mainly paid that much because I know the owner, I know how he treats his bikes, he runs it hard but takes better care of it than anyone I have ever seen, and how religious he is with getting it serviced, saved every receipt, bike has never had a problem, and if I put the same care into it he did, it will proably be a trouble free Ducati for the rest of it's days.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike, like the pipes also. I am with the others on leaving the headlight covers off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts