Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to the fourm and had a few questions. I just bought a 96 750(paid $3000,it has 20k mi,but spotless) and was wondering a few things.Not to worry this is not my first bike.

About how many miles on a full tank of gas?

Normal operating temp(cruising speed)?

Any flaws or factory recalls I should know about(the guy I bought it from said there wern't any)?

And how many miles have you seen these bikes have on them?

Thanks in advance
J

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Great bike! Was Super Bike of the Year two years in a row, '96-'97.

Maybe about 150 or so miles on a tank...

Temps should be around 180 degrees, shoots up to 220 or so in heavy traffic and high heat. Fan comes on around 225.

Some of the early bikes had a recall for head gaskets, yours should be fine now with 20k on the clock.
With proper care you should get plenty more miles.

Welcome to SBN! :welcome

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and the welcome, greatly appreciated. I read a lot before I decided on a new bike that fit my budget, and this bike sounded like the best bike for my money.

J

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
you might want to check out gixxer.com for info./questions about the bike also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory recall in 98 for leaking gas out of bottom of tank at the pickup/pump area. This is very dangerous. Make sure you check it.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Ten94 said:
Factory recall in 98 for leaking gas out of bottom of tank at the pickup/pump area. This is very dangerous. Make sure you check it.
That's true. I actually had that happen on my '97. Prop the tank up and check for any leaks by the fuel pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts