Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we're starting from new, and everyone's so confused...Some mad, some happy, some don't care either way...Login, re-register, whatever...

I want to be the first to say that I'm not mad...The day the "new site" went live and everybody started from scratch I actually felt kinda good...In a relief sort of way...It felt pretty cool to be part of a site that's building basically from scratch...

I respect Fred for continuing to try and make this site better and not just sit on the fact that "it works"...There are plenty of other sites that have been around for quite a long time, and I don't remember the last time they added new features...

To the haters, I only ask, WTF?????...It's a free site...Plain and simple...How much do you suck for complaining about something that is FREE...Take the giant plug out of your azz and enjoy...When you start paying the bills, then you can whine....I've been a part of this site for years and never once has anyone ever asked for a contribution...I did it anyway because I wanted to...

Every day may not be as smooth as we'd like it to be, but that's a given when you speak in terms of change...And I'm all for it...

So thanks again, Fred...This site rocks and you do pretty well, also :twofinger

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I agree as well. Free is free....... and I'll take what is GIVEN to me. Yea, I lost over 6000 posts but it's only a number and they are yesterdays posts. Everything from this point forward is new to all of us and that's todays news.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Yeah man, this site is exactly what I need when I'm not riding and not watching wife and baby. Rock on Fred. I'll F'n donate again, I don't care.
:bananafu:

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I agree.

When the old site went down, I was kinda upset...not because I had to recreate my name, but because the site was down (for me at least) for a few days. I wasn't able to get on at all. Now that it's back and started from scratch, it's running a helluva lot better, which is more important that a whole bunch of posts and numbers...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, I was stoked when the new site started because I was now close to everyone in posts. Although I've been left behind again!

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I agree too..... I was only a member since May (when I got my first bike.) I do look forward to many many more days (hopefully years) of posting on SBN with the rest of you. I have met a great group of people who enjoy the lifestyle/hobby/sport that we all have a passion for. I have gotten some great advice and look forward to being able to give advice to newbie's in the future. If it wasn't for SBN, I'd probably still be riding with a bunch of Harley's all the time :barf . Thankyou Fred, and everyone else on SBN for welcoming me in!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
here! here! +1!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Bravo!!!!!

Unfortuntely though, there will always be people complaining about it or something--some people are just negative people and actually enjoy complaining about the small things in life--sad for them!

Fred does an awesome job and don't think that he takes this site non-chalant--he stayed up many of nights working on it to get it up again and the re-tweaking of it too!! That's some dedication which if you go onto other websites--some of them just don't have that!

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
this site is definately one of the best forums out there. not only because of the people here, but it is way faster than others. not trying to knock the SL forum, because it is also good, but that site takes forever on my computer. you are the man Fred.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I don't know what the site was like, back before it was remade... I just recently joined for the first time.

Anybody that would complain about this site, needs to go build one of their own--and then come back whimpering their appologies when they give up because they realize how much work goes into building a GOOD site.

Great site here. One that I am happy to come back to.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
+1000 This site rocks, i have learned bunches and everyone here is great.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You wanna feel good? Feel THIS!:twofinger

Hell, since I know Fred, I complain a little now and then just to yank his chain......but back in the day, yes...the site crashed hard.....and I love this place so much I took it upon myself to get members to donate to help out. Alot did and we survived.

Sure it sucked to loose all we did recently, but life in general sucks so it's just another page in the book.

BTW, not all the members here are great.....we have a few :asshole's.......then again, we ALL can be like that from time to time. AND just cause I like this smilie....... :bananafu:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts