Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first off when i first got the bike i noticed when i took my hands off the bars at about 45-50 the handle bars wobbled pretty bad back and fourth so i got to thinkin maybe front wheel bearings so i checked them and yes there were bad so i replaced them and sure enough it still does it. the funny thing is i cant feel it in my hand when im ridin. wut gives? bike feels stable at high speed (120 is highest ive gone) but i dont like the fact that it does this because i kno somethin is wrong. my second question is why do my back breaks make a hardcore squeeking noise when i push the bike backwards? they are brand new pad? any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Steering head bearings on the shakeing.

On the rear brake,you may not have the pads seated correctly.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
steering head bearings, or the tire may not be balanced, or it might be cupped.

·
Registered
910 Posts
MT Wallet said:
I have a 600f2 also, how much would that cost to fix?

the steering bearings
It could be free, if all it needs is to be retorqued and you own the tools and know-how to do it yourself.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
A service manual is a great investment MT.

·
Registered
910 Posts
F2 600 Guy said:
alright how do i check the steering head bearings? can i feel the play or.....
You have to suspend the front end without supporting it. I use a hydraulic floor jack under the exhaust collector. Then take hold of the lower fork tubes from the front of the bike and test for any fore and aft play. Make sure the bake is stable and secure when you do this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wish I could offer help, Ive got the same 2 problems on an 88f1. Ive checked the rear brakes removed oiled moving parts, Changed brake fluid replaced and repeated until I could cry. Even replaced a rear brake rotor, Which helped anther prob. but not the chatter. Do us a favor and keep us posted. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
MT Wallet said:
which one should I get? :)

Alaska and Eyespy you all live too far away, I can't learn from you guys

Stephy G's CBR F4i Page
http://www.stephygee.com/

Go to this site(she's a SBN member) and click on manuals,from there clik on your bike and download the zip file for your bike.

If you don't have a way to open a zip file,let me know and I'll do it for you and send it to you by e-mail.

Go to her guest page and sign it and tell her thanks.She is a long time service member and is in Iraq right now.She was also in Desert Storm.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Stephy G's CBR F4i Page
http://www.stephygee.com/

Go to this site(she's a SBN member) and click on manuals,from there clik on your bike and download the zip file for your bike.

If you don't have a way to open a zip file,let me know and I'll do it for you and send it to you by e-mail.

Go to her guest page and sign it and tell her thanks.She is a long time service member and is in Iraq right now.She was also in Desert Storm.
Alaska I tried to download the one for a '92 f2 but I cannot

Could you please send it to me via email? I would really appreciate it man.

[email protected]

Just let me know if it's possible...thank you

Al

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
I also had a front end shaking caused by uneven fork oil levels.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
MT Wallet said:
Alaska I tried to download the one for a '92 f2 but I cannot

Could you please send it to me via email? I would really appreciate it man.

[email protected]

Just let me know if it's possible...thank you

Al

I'm downloading it now so give me a few min.

It's a large file(53.6 mb) so when you get it,it may take a while for it to load.

When you get it,right click and save it to your desktop.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Mt

My mail server won't let me send it,says it's to large.

Click here,it's free
WinZip - Reviews and free downloads at Download.com
http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10003164.html

and download win zip and you should be able to get it yourself then.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Had the same front end problem on my bike. had the wheels balanced that help some, so I changed head bearings, even though I couldn't feel any play, and that did the trick. I would suggest changing the bearings considering the age of your bike.

Good Luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts