Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This happened on the morning of the Halloween. I managed to escape without any physical injury. This is definitely one scary halloween.

The driver did stop and we exchanged insurance info.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow. Glad you're still around to make the post.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm going to assume he was planning to make a left turn. That median has dashed and solid lines, meaning that it is legal to use as a turn lane.
With the speed that car was approaching in the middle lane, I would have gotten out of Dodge a lot sooner. I never use my horn. In my experience, cagers almost never hear my bike horn if I've ever used it. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm going to assume he was planning to make a left turn. That median has dashed and solid lines, meaning that it is legal to use as a turn lane.
It's a left turn lane that traffic in both directions can use.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a left turn lane that traffic in both directions can use.
In this instance, there is no driveway/entrance/whatever on my right for the SUV to turn into. He is just driving down the median for no reason.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Too many people think that it's OK to pull into the turn lane and drive there for maybe a block until they get ready to turn, but that's not how it's supposed to be done, they're supposed to stay out of that lane until their turn area comes up. Idiots.

·
Registered
465 Posts
In this instance, there is no driveway/entrance/whatever on my right for the SUV to turn into. He is just driving down the median for no reason.
That's pretty stupid. I've seen a lot of stupid shit in DC. I've seen people drive in the oncoming lanes, wrong way on a one way, etc. Can't ever underestimate the stupidity of cagers.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
Looking at what you passed before turning in I'd guess he decided to move over early for the turn lane that was coming up. I see people do that all the time and it's freaking stupid, especially when there is no traffic.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
There's a suicide lane turning into my mom's neighborhood. There are 3 driveways on one side and one on the other side. People hit the middle lane stupid early to turn into the strip mall and I've had to dodge many many cars over the years in both my truck and my bike. I wait until the very last minute to get into the middle to turn into my mom's neighborhood for this very reason. Glad you made it out relatively unscathed, but I would have popped the clutch and shot back into traffic long before you dumped the bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts