Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, sometimes it's so bad it's funny.

Cruisin' the speed limit yesterday - just coming home from lunch when a bug sneaks between my chinbar and collar and whacks me right in the adams apple.

No big deal, but then it kind of feels prickly. I whack myself in the neck to try and kill it. No big deal but then it kind of starts stinging.

I just head on another five minutes, pull up my drive and take off my gear and then my shirt. Friggin hornet stung me right on the vein next to my adam's apple then dropped into my shirt and drilled my three more times a few inches lower.

By evening time my lower throat area is swollen up and numb.

Fucker...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with a stinger but I have had some huge bugs that felt like they were the size of baseballs. It's a good thing I wear glasses because sometimes when I have my visor up, I get a bug in the eye. It just splatters all over the lense. My glasses are so gross that I can barely see out of them.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I had a godzilla-bred bug hit me in the finger once, my finger felt borken to be honest. Mega-bug drilled me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i got hit in the face with a huge bug tonight when i had my visor up, it honestly felt like some one punched me in the face lol plus i had so nasty ass juice on my face lil fucker

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had my visor up and took a june bug right under my right eye and he splattered all over my face.. it hit so hard i thought the juice was my face bleeding lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've been lucky. I normaly ride around town with my visor up. So I've had my share of hits to face. I had one of those little guys get in my eye, and it drove me crazy till I got home to wash it out of there. Thankfully it was just a wee one so no big deal.

I hope I never have to deal with a stinger..

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've gotten a bruise once from some big as bug once..that sucked. Also was cruising down the highway at 70 and i felt this stinging on my shoulder but i just get riding and it just kept getting worse, i actually had to pull over and yank the stinger out.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yesterday at a stoplight this guy goes Hey dude theres a bug on your helmet! So I smacked the side of my head and a honey bee hit the ground, I said thanks man that was a bee! I had my visor open so it could have sucked!

·
Registered
323 Posts
i was heading down the freeway going home and its around 5:00 or so doing about 70 and suddenly there is a thwack on my jacket then a buzzing in my helmet so i just keep going hoping to make it to my exit and then it happens the wasp starts walking up my visor on the inside i wish i had a camera to see me all crosseyed watching the little bastard crawl up the visor i pulled off and flipped up the visor luckly he flew off but man that scared the crap outta me.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The worst I had (bug wise, birds are a different story) was riding at night in the Philippines once. It just happens that those islands are a breeding ground of mothra sized cockroaches that fly. Well, I had a tinted visor on my helmet so I was cruising with the visor up. As i got close to a street light I could see what many would think was a strange sort of hummingbird. It was ducking and diving around, so i just moved my head way low in an effort to dodge it. Well, I did not succeed. The bastard lodged itself between the inside of the visor and the helmet next to the hinge. I kept getting hit in the eye by it's wings and innards and legs and nasty stuff as it twitched and writhed and died. I pulled over as quickly as I could, but it was still too much contact with the flying rat for me, it was pretty nauseating. I used a stick to get as much out of my helmet before finishing my ride home. Tip: change the visor at night in the tropics.

Now if you want to talk birds. I've taken out a good section of a flock of swallows who zigged when they should have zagged. I've also been hit by some kind of bird like a pigeon or something on the highway and it got me in the shoulder. Felt like somebody hauled back and hit me as hard as they could. It's kind of distracting!

·
Registered
597 Posts
My worst was when I was racing (not on the street) and I hit one at around 125mph. It was huge and its guts splattered all over my helmet and my shirt. It was gross.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was riding today and got bit by some sort of bug. No idea what the hell it was but it hurt like hell. My leg locked up and that thigh still feels like it got hit by a car. Weirdest thing ever. It had a little blister on it and the goop inside of it actually made my finger burn. Other than that my 929 seems to attract lots of butterflies I pretty much have a coating of butterfly bits covering my headlight after every ride.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I ride w/ my visor up under 50 mph, and have a decent set of glasses/goggles that block the wind nicely at speed. Anyway, I was heading up the Cape Ann coast and was coming through a turn when I got a climpse of a bug and had no time to react or even pay attention to it. The bug went into my helmet and got stuck between my temple and padding.

I decided to keep on going to my destination which was about 5 or 6 minutes away. But as soon as I got there, I couldn't take off the helmet quicker! Luckily it didn't feel obligated to sting me.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've had a couple of run in's w/bees getting inside of the leathers and stinging me...I hate the little fu#kers.

·
WTF guy
878 Posts
mysubaruimp said:
Not mine...
But seriously, when I rode dirt bikes I took out one of the largest dragonfly I have ever seen. It hit me in the side of the neck and actually drew blood. I found half of it in my shirt, one wing was almost two inches long... like hitting a friggin sparrow going 50mph. not fun :urowned

Attachments

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
last year when i was heading up to palomar with some friends, we came around this corner and rode right through a giant nest of bees covering the whole road. fortunately we all had our leathers on, but for some reason i didn't have my gloves on. one of them drilled me right in between my knuckles. turned white for a bit then went away, didn't think twice about it. next day: hand swells up to 3x it's normal size and is extremely hot to the touch. scared me!

also i was riding with my friend up our river here and he got drilled in the helmet with some kind of bird, almost knocked him clean off his bike!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I haven't been riding that long, but once I was going about 30 and a HUGE bug hit my screen. It left a huge splat on my faceshield and I tried to wipe it off but I ended up having to pull over because I couldn't see shit. That must have been one big bug the impact felt like being shot at by a paintball.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts