Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need some exhaust to replace a bad D&D full slip-on. Which exhaust is going to make the most power and give the deepest sound? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Hindle is an excellent exhaust. I also like (and own) a titanium Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on with the race baffle, with an Ivan's kit installed on an '03. Very smooth, and I gained 9.5 hp over stock.
:fiddy

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of getting a Yoshi can. I found one on ebay for $54 used and in perfect condition, but then I quit paying attention and it got away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cowasaki9r said:
I have an Akropovich Carbon Fiber, it sounds awesome . Seems like a lot of the Kawasaki guys prefer the Aky or Muzzy
Cool. I was thinking of getting the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cowasaki9r said:
I have an Akropovich Carbon Fiber, it sounds awesome . Seems like a lot of the Kawasaki guys prefer the Aky or Muzzy
I'm thinking about getting the Akrapovic as well. How much louder than stock is it? I'm not looking to get a really loud pipe, just something to free up the breathing a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey emf, I just put a "Sport-Production" model Akra on my '01. I got the full system.

It's very nice. A little louder when you blip the throttle, but still pretty quiet as far as aftermarket pipes go. Idles quietly and doesn't get too loud until about 6000 rpms, so when you want to keep a low profile just keep the rpms down.

I have yet to install my Ivans jetkit. Even without rejetting, the bike is running great. I guess that's because Akra went through the trouble of making their header as good as the stock header for midrange... i.e. 4 into 1 system with cross-over tubes.

My bike definitely picked up some midrange, which is what I wanted most.

However, I think a slip-on would be very close to as good. I got the full system for extra weight savings, but after removing my stock header I learned that it really isn't very heavy. The Akra slip-on was MUCH lighter than the stock can and connector. Well, I should clarify that I mean any slip-on would be MUCH lighter than stock. That thing's heavy!

I've heard of many people that liked their Yosh RS-3 slip-on very much also. And Hindle. I think any slip-on will have benefits. But the stock header is quite good so be careful choosing a pipe if you get a full system. You may lose some low-end hp or midrange with some of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, thanks.

I've found on previous Kawasakis (ZX-6R, ZX-7R) that the factory headers are pretty good. IIRC, even Muzzys said in the late 90s that they found it hard to improve on the header design for the AMA Superbike ZX-7RRs. I was planning on only getting the slip-on, so thanks for the verification on where the best weight savings are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts