Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic has 1 for sale.. u guys have any thoughts on the bike. i think its a good bike for me to move up to. its only about 120 horse, but thats a move up from my 600. plus ive been riding only two years, with no track experience so i dont want more than im able to really use. i heard the 900's handle really good. alot better than the 929s and 954, but i really dont know much about any of them.. the 900 is cherry and in my price range. any thoughts are appreciated, u guys rock!

·
Registered
488 Posts
personally, i LOVE the 900's..look good, handle great, plenty of power..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowlypawn said:
What!?!? I never heard that.... I’m sure the 900 is a great handling bike but what make em so much better then the 929/954? I personally think my 954 handles fantastic.
yeah? cool, thats why im asking... i dont know sh-t about any of these bikes.. just going by what i was told.. i mentioned that iwas happy with my f3, and i was thinkin about getting a 929, 954, or 900 to a friend. thats when he started about the 954, 929 not handling so well. what year is urs? i really think im stayin with honda for now so let me know about ur bike. i like all three so basically im curious about ur guys opinions

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
The looks of the 900RR are to die for. Far as high-bore CBRs go, they're second only to the XX.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Lowlypawn said:
What!?!? I never heard that.... I’m sure the 900 is a great handling bike but what make em so much better then the 929/954? I personally think my 954 handles fantastic.
My 929 handles amazing. I can flick that bitch into corners and it never has a problem. The CBR 900's are all good. I would swap out the front rim on a 900rr if I were you though, that 16"rim was an interesting idea by Honda, but the 17 steers better, has better tire choices, and is less vague in corners.

Good choice to stick with Honda, good luck with whatever you choose:)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Pictures:
CBR900rr
CBR292
My Bike (CBR954)

All are really good bikes thou I would suggest the 954 but then again I am heavily bias. It’s the 3rd generation and IMHO one of the most refined bikes you can buy.

I bought mine because it was more comfortable then the rest (GSXR, R1). I also loved the looks the best. It’s doesn’t quite have the power as current liter bikes but believe me, it’s way more then you will even need on the street. I was planning to buy a steering damper but mine has never felt twitchy even once so I’m no hurry to get one. The 954 also make great stunt-bikes I’m told and you definitely see enough of em in the stunt videos. I guess they have a real nice balance point. I wouldn’t know because I generally don’t get the front up more then a foot or two. Maybe some day I’ll master the balance point :)

Anyway good luck.

Attachments

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
I've had a 98' 900RR for nearly 5 years now and they are superb bikes. Plenty fast enough, at about 7k rpm they go berserk :).
Might not be as sharp as the new 1 litre bikes but you'd have to be a bit nuts to notice the difference tbh, or ride on very long straight roads, but they handle just fine.

Also, Honda finish and reliability, my bike has done just over 40,000 miles, and I ride it in winter, I don't clean it religiously but when I do it comes up like new.
And in 5 years I've not had one thing go wrong with it....not even a fuse or a bulb has broken on my bike.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts