Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 96 F3 that he isturning into a street fighter but the bike won't run right without the speedo and tac hooked up. What can he do to get the bike to run right without all that stuff on it. Is their a bypass kit?

·
Banned
245 Posts
you can try pulling a fuse.

You need to look at a wiring diagram to see what wires are being used. Such as the speedometer might be using the same power circuit as the ignition system. If you distrupt the circuit, it will kill the power to the ignition.

Another thing you can try, is getting an aftermarket ignition system, and that might allow you to do what your looking for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
fierospeeder said:
you can try pulling a fuse.

You need to look at a wiring diagram to see what wires are being used. Such as the speedometer might be using the same power circuit as the ignition system. If you distrupt the circuit, it will kill the power to the ignition.

Another thing you can try, is getting an aftermarket ignition system, and that might allow you to do what your looking for.
NoPe!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at the reply i gave to the same topic a few seconds ago. trust me i completely built a F2/F3 and had many problems ive occured. using two different generation parts. in the end hte bike runs flawlessly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts