Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Does anyone know if the zx7r and zx9r wheels compatible with each other. I have a 00 zx7rand need a front and rear rim but cant seem to find any used. I can find alot of zx9r rim. Does anyone know if the zx9r will fit zx7r? Any help anyone? Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm in the hunt for a ZX10R wheel and I've been looking for different wheels to complete my conversion of radial brakes on my 7. So, I'm in the process of measuring and checking spacing on GSXR parts as well. Looking at the microfiche, the 9 and 7 wheels look about the same, but more research. I'll keep my findings posted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
there is a number stamped on the spoke of the wheel. It dosn't natter what bike 7r,9r,6r and so on as long as the number is the same. eg the number on my 7r rear is R-1359

·
Registered
101 Posts
bluezx7r said:
i think that the speedo drive on the front wheels are different, i'm looking into changing my cluster over to digital, and will have to change the wheel over also
I thought the front wheels were swapable between bikes, but as someone already mentioned the rear of the ZX-9 is a 5.5" wide and the ZX-7R is 6". I don't think they are directly interchangeable.

A little off the topic, but as for swapping out the front wheel to change the cluster out to digital, it probably won't help you since most of the digital clusters get there inputs from a sensor in the transmission. The ZX-7R doesn't have one of these sensors and would be difficult to install one. Even if you could, you'd have to get a digital cluster that was programmable so you could "teach" it the parameters of the ZX-7R. I have a digital gear indicator and rev light on my ZX-7 and had to install a magnetic pickup on the rear wheel so that the gear indicator could relate wheel speed to RPM to give the proper gear indication. It's not the most ideal setup, but works with the ZX-7R because there aren't too many options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts