Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03' Honda CBR954 RR....and I'm curious was to the RPM's best run at with this bike. Highway Vs. Street and such. The back sprocket has been dropped three teeth if that helps for extra info. I've been experimenting with it for the most part but it's my first bike (go ahead and say it) so I'm looking for extra input.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is stock in 6th gear on the highway I turn about 4500 rpm doing 65. On the street I usually stay in 3rd or 4th gear at about 3000 to 3500 rpm. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually run it about the same (at 4,500 - 5k) in 3rd and 4th. I rarely leave 4th though unless I'm pushing it. Is this bad? Even at 70miles per It runs at about 5k. It just seems as if it still has more RPM's left to use by the sound of the engine. The newB in me worrying about over revving the engine or pushing the bike too hard.

·
Squidly McSquidster
559 Posts
you have 6 gears USE them and you will get better gas milelage and less engine wear

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, good point again....so (time to sound stupid) thats where downshifting comes into play...

Yeah I usaully run it at about 4-6k no higher, once again...a bad thing?

·
Squidly McSquidster
559 Posts
954s have race engines designed and built to be rode fairly hard bringin the rpms over 8,9, or 10 ain;t gonna make it blow up.Watch a couple stunts videos and you will know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Tyger said:
i have an 03' Honda CBR954 RR....and I'm curious was to the RPM's best run at with this bike. Highway Vs. Street and such. The back sprocket has been dropped three teeth if that helps for extra info. I've been experimenting with it for the most part but it's my first bike (go ahead and say it) (I am a squid)so I'm looking for extra input.
:squid :squid

:neener :joke

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yessssssssss I am calamari.......gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
110 Posts
try&keepup said:
954s have race engines designed and built to be rode fairly hard bringin the rpms over 8,9, or 10 ain;t gonna make it blow up.Watch a couple stunts videos and you will know what i mean.
The redline on the 954 I believe is 11,750.

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
i used to run mine at like 3 - 4k, but then i saw, that 6k was going to waste, so i started running it higher, and watched that gas mileage go bye bye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts