Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 gsxr 750 chuggs something nasty cruising, or at about 1/8th throttle. Everywhere else it seems fine. If I cant fix it I'll be parting it out.
PILOT JET- 37.5/35 (I've tried both)
NEEDLE- Jet Kit needle/Factory needle (I've tried both)
MAIN JET- 115/117.5 (I've tried both)
Idle/air screw 2 1/2 turns (I've tried everything)
PIPE- SS2R Full system
AIR FILTER- K&N
The only thing I havent tried is float level whitch is at 15mm.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

STEVE KRYTUS

·
Registered
1 Posts
In all gears but just maintaining low revs?

As if you were rapidly although only slightly opening and closing the throttle?

Have you tried replacing your cush drive?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Do you have a nice power flow anywhere else in the power band? If you are adept enough to know what kind of jets you have in the bike, take the rack of carbs off and thouroughly clean them. Make sure you remove all the rubber components though. You would most likely benefit from taking the rack to a dealership and having them sync'd too. It really is quite important that the carbs be in synch, especially after rejetting.

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
synch is important.

This sounds exaclty like the problem I just had with my kawi (pipe and pods, too).

Make sure the tank is venting. Fill the bike up and go for a ride. After a dozen or two miles, shut it off and open the tank. If you hear a sucking sound, there's your problem. Take the petcock apart and make sure all the passages are clean. Mine also had diaphrams, if you're paranoid enough you can try taking them out to be sure there's always an openning (mine were fine, problem was that previous owner put an o-ring where there shouldn't be one). I think they're there to make sure fuel vapors don't leak out, but i'm not sure.

I that doesn't help, make sure that the vacuum line going between carb and petcock is running in a nice organic curve. You might be best off getting a new one ($1 at autozone) to make sure it's not old and cracked. I had this problem too, and it had the same symptoms.

Both of these essentially reduce the float level. (make the float level whatever k&n recommends, if it's different than what you have, btw).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts