Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$400 for a radiator????

All the parts houses I've seen have it for a stupid price. I can find a beatup one on ebay for around $75.

Is there someone else I can look for parts? I'm going to call the local bike shops here in town tomorrow. But this just blew my mind when I started looking. So more or less just a rant at this point.

:2guns

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, a little update.

I had a buddy come over this weekend and I let him ride my bike. After tooling around for a few minutes I give everything a once over just to make sure my bike isn't going to blow up.

I stick my head by the radi and theres nothing leaking. No wet spot. Nuffin. Weird!! SO, today I took the bike out for a nice and easy 30 mile ride. I stopped and checked it a few times and it was fine. The temps were normal and the bottom of the bike was dry.

I don't get it. I can only guess that I maybe spilled some coolant on the radi when I was taking it out/putting in it back in.

On a side note, I had a nice little run with some little hottie on a flatblack f4.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are couple of things to check like radiator cap, the hose and any crack on radiator itself. If the you notice low coolant level without locating problem, probably need to replace it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it seems to be doing ok now. I've been riding it for the last 2 days and nothing of any consequence has come up. The spot that I thought coolant was coming from is now dry as a bone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts