Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just hopped off one.

Wishing my wife would let me get another one.

:'(

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like that shit?

Ok, a little back story.

Growing up I rode a few bikes here and there. Never had one of my own. Then I got talking to this guy about his bike and he said he was having some problems and asked me if I'd come over and look at it with him. While taking it off the work kickstand the bike tipped over. The 1990 zx10 was not hurt, at least not that anyone could tell, being it had been dropped so many times before.

At this point one could said I got robbed. This guy flipped his wig and wanted me to buy the like. And by that I mean he put his gun to my head and wanted cash.

So. A few months later I got tied of looking at this hunk of shit and i took it to someone who knew more than me. The bike was fucking totaled. It had lived it life on one wheel. It was also in a crash that caused the swing arm to come so far up that it broke the left passenger foot peg off. The impeller on the oil pump was broke, so it wasn't pumping oil to the rest of the engine...which caused catastrophic damage. It was going to cost 1.5X what I could have bought it for to get all that fixed.

All this happened back in like 06. My wife had just split. I found out my kid wasn't mine (hence my user title). But I did start dating a girl I met in college. We just got married a few months a go but she doesn't want a sport bike. She wants something she can ride bitch on. I told her that cbr had a back seat. She was not amused.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
If you want to ride, take an MSF class, learn how to ride, start small, etc., etc. Good luck and have fun.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to ride, take an MSF class, learn how to ride, start small, etc., etc. Good luck and have fun.
Yep. I've got the basic know-how. Its the experience I'm lacking. Now I live at the corner of No and Where. Lots and lots of roads, but very low traffic area. I'd love to just get something cheap (like this cbr) and just do a shitload of slow speed maneuvers. Like I said, I've ridden before. But I'm not as surefooted as most.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A friend of mine had hers restored and went with that paint scheme.

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
OK that was a better story, sorry to hear about your misfortune.
When I first started riding I was looking for a CBR F3 as a first bike but wound up with a Suzuki Katana 600.

Like what was said before start slow and get some training. Its amazing how much you can forget after not riding for awhile.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
To this day I still love the 95-96 F3's. If I had the money I'd love to find me a mint one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mid-late 90s CBR's are still great bikes by any standard. After the F4/F4i 600's became more focused and less streetable. The bikes that took their place, while good street bikes, were heavily de-spec'd for cost savings.

A low mile CBR or ZZR-600 is still one of the best middle weight bikes you can get, from any era.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts