Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i get over 45 mph, with speedo connected i get a stumbling and almost like a random misfiring... without the speedo connected, no problems...
in my manual it shows the spark plugs coming off the coil pack in a different configuration than they are on my bike... should i bother to switch these, or does it matter?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had the same problem with my F3 . check the wires to your speedo . They may be broken or somthing.That was the problem with mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i had the pink brown was disconnected, and the black one right by the plug...
found those and fixed them... havent taken it out yet... will do thursday and see if it cleared up...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, still not working... does the firing order on the coils matter??

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
This is an article on SVRIDER... I'd post a link but that doesn't work so here is the text:

I had a problem at the track last month when my bike started running on only the rear cylinder. I checked everything that I could possibly think of. Changed plugs, checked every connection, fuel to the carb, full charge in the battery and switched the coils the see if I had a bad one.

Needless to say, I fought it all day and missed my races.

I called around to try to find an ignition box to try as a last ditch effort to fix it, and the guy at the shop says,"Unplug the Tach."

I fired up my 325 single and unplugged the tach and suddenly I had a V-twin again! I guess the Tach runs off the front cylinder, and apparently the Tach shorted out when it got either a loose connection or got wet from the liquid sunshine we enjoy here in the North West so much. This broke the circuit and no fire to the front plug.

Just thought you guys should know so you don't pull your hair out like I did.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tach works fine... bike runs fine when the speedometer isnt plugged in.... when it is plugged in it runs like shit...

·
Registered
75 Posts
the f3 has a air valve that runs off the speed, tach and gear that your in. if you un plug the air valve, pull it apart and manually open the valve about halfway (depending on jet kit in carbs) it will run fine. i have a 96 and a 97 and both have this done. the air valve is located under the gas tank behind the airbox, it has vaccuum lines that go to the air box and carbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts