Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Had a friend with this bike. it has decent power...but not too far off from being a newbie bike in the right hands. the price for it is great though. If it runs well and only needs a tune up to be on the road, then I would seriously consider it. But Im not sure what level newbie you are, so only you know wut you could handle from it. Goodluck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you have any bike experience I would go for it. But I would only offer $1500 at most to start with. But I can be a real bastard about haggling. For an older bike that thing is in really good shape. I like older bikes because there aren't a whole lot of them left. They sort of have a style all their own. I don't like the single front rotor though, it's going to take some effort on the stick to bring that thing down from speed.

·
Just another n00b
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have some experience on a Kawasaki 80 cc dirtbike and some little Honda 50cc automatic dirtbike :)

Oh, does 10 speed bicycle experience help?

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Seca II is on par with a Ninja 500 in terms of power, size and handling. Great bargains and simple to boot. I recommend them highly as the only suitable 600cc bike for a new rider.

·
Banned
730 Posts
BuRn__ said:
its in the same newb class as an F2
Nah. 30hp leass at the wheel and better ergos for a newb. Less parts (air-cooled and no fairing) to worry about as well. Tried to get a friend to buy one as a starter since, as Squid Killer pointed out, once you get one, you usually keep them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
BuRn__ said:
its in the same newb class as an F2
NO WAY IS IT IN THE SAME CLASS AS A F2/F3. its in the same class as a ninja 500. around 33hp at the wheel.

F2/F3 have around mid 80s at the wheel

·
Registered
706 Posts
I second that it is a great choice for a beginner. Not too much power, but enough, comfortable ergos, and handles pretty decently. They are very reliable, and they have a following, so it isn't hard to find out just about anything you need to about the bike. You won't be sorry if you get it.

p.s. Here's a pic someone posted a while back, that shows you can be squidly on one, too. :flipa

Attachments

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Quik if it makes 33hp at the rear wheel its on par with a ninja250. ninja5's put around 50

Bad Habit said:
I second that it is a great choice for a beginner. Not too much power, but enough, comfortable ergos, and handles pretty decently. They are very reliable, and they have a following, so it isn't hard to find out just about anything you need to about the bike. You won't be sorry if you get it.

p.s. Here's a pic someone posted a while back, that shows you can be squidly on one, too. :flipa
NICE!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 92 seca. Fun bike overall but be prepared for it to bitch at you in the morning, it's very coldblooded. Mine has a slight buzzing sound around 4k rpm from the front plastic which I'm told is normal for them, but it's still annoying. The brakes and front suspension aren't all that good. Just normal braking makes the thing dive like a submarine. I paid 1200 for mine and I'm happy with it, it's great to learn on and I've had alot of fun with it and still will. I say go for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It only puts out 40 or so HP, so I wouldn't place it in the same class as an F2. I almost bought one, but it was simply too much money for too little bike.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I would really like to have a SECA II. I think if I don't end up being able to get the Ducati that is kinda mine, I may end up looking for a SECA II. I really like the looks...kinda naked, kinda not...and they seem to fit what I want in a bike...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Squid Killer said:
Believe me. Ive been riding mine since I bought it new in 1992. Its a very low power bike and would be great for a first bike. I use it for everything but racing. Its great for touring, commuting, and weekend rides.

I even rode my to Alaska once. I will never sell this bike.

That's an awesome picture Squid Killer. Mind if I keep that one??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
I would really like to have a SECA II. I think if I don't end up being able to get the Ducati that is kinda mine, I may end up looking for a SECA II. I really like the looks...kinda naked, kinda not...and they seem to fit what I want in a bike...
Get a fizzy :leghump , the pic isin't of mine...but damn they are fun bikes

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts