Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Neither one. A Ninja 250, Ninja 500 or GS500 would be a much better value. Do you also have money beyond that 2K to cover insurance and gear?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If you are set on one of those 2, get the YZF. But if you want to take some GOOD advice from someone who knows, listen to me when I say, start off on a Ninja 250 or 500, great bikes, plenty of power for a beginner, and will teach you alot about riding the right way. Also I agree with linux wondering if you have money for gear? Wearing gear is NOT an option, you need gear, period. At a minimum, helmet, gloves, jacket, overankle boots, all of that stuff can be had fairly cheaply.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
you mean 93 fzr, right? I dont think they made the yzf till 94

·
Registered
646 Posts
that would be fizzer. yzf crossed over in 94-95.
katana 600 would be crazy heavy man. but they are both decent bikes. not too powerful so thats a good. but will still get u in to trouble. if those are your only choices, i say fzr...goodluck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd say get a Ninja 250, many can be had for less than 1500, leaving some for gear and insurance, and even if you put it down, you'll get most of your money back. But given the choices, get the FZR.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
If I had to choose between the two it would be the fzr600(yzf) but I would look and see how much insurance is first, you might want to start out on something a little smaller and cheaper to insure.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Same thing others have said, the FZR unless you get an EX500 or 250 instead. And save some money for gear.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those aren't your only choices....just 2 you've narrowed it down to in a vain attempt to get those of us who believe a 600(any 600) is bad for a newbie, wanting us to change our minds.

Well, you'll never change my mind. I believe that everyone(regardless of age/height/weight) should start on a 250......moreso, the MSF course 250's. If you MUST have something b*****......no more than 500cc OR 50hp.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes the Kanotuna is heavy. The Katana was a good bike for me as a starter. I think the power between the two is pretty close, but the Fizzer is lighter and because of that you would probable feel a little more power from her. I might recommend the Fizzer just because of the weight factor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts