Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got this 929 2 days ago...

and I have a question.

It had a custom map and from idle to about 3500 rpm it would lag almost like bogging and then it would pull hard as FUCK...

I remapped using the one of Dynojet's site for the 929 with erion racing cams, exhaust and kn filter...

It aleviated the problem a little. Now it pulls hard from about 2500 RPM but from 1400 (idle) to 2500 RPM it lags again. This is really annoying when taking iff from red lights, stop signs or even when trying to wheelie (Yes I know its unsafe, blah blah blah...)

Now here is my question, I dont feel comfortable messing with the map and setting up a custom one... Does it sound like a map problem or a fuel delivery problem?

Maybe the injectors need cleaning or new plugs?

Any suggestions, advice or like issues?

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
The bike has 17K If I was to do anything to it I would change the plugs and drop some iridium's in it. Those are the OEM plug in her. You can also add more fuel in the low end of the map.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the reply I got in another forum. what do you think...

Six Eight Nate said:
First off the bat...when you're looking for performance, you can pitch that K&N in the dumpster...I know it doesnt make sense because 99 percent of the time they make power....but they actually dont seem to agree with the honda's....and I mean time and time and time again we have tried to dial in K&N filters in on honda's like 900rr's 929rr's and so on and so forth, but they just dont seem to agree....I would recomend (if you still have the OEM filter), pitch the K&N and replace with OEM...reload your map and let her buck...I would bet this will drop out the problem...the main issue is, that the K&N tends to exaggerate power drop from peak output when combined with exhaust and other mods...normally these dips are not noticable and are actually just normal from baseline to increase peak output, if that makes any sense....in any case my :2cents

·
Ducatista
1,812 Posts
I have heard that as well. Not sure what to tell you, I run BMC race filters in my 600RR's and I just ordered one for the 1000RR. I know that on the RC51 the K&N filter is crap and nobody uses them but once again not sure about the 929. I never had an issue with the map and set up, maybe because we are both looking for different things from the bike, but in either case you may want to try the OEM filter. I would still change the plugs to iridiums.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I replaced the stock with a K & N and had no problems with performance. A small increase in my opinion. I would check the plugs.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My k&n is fine on my bike

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've got a BMC street filter on my 929, and it seems to work great for me... I wouldn't put a K&N in it though...

·
Registered
16 Posts
With the cams you might need to invest in a day at the dyno tuner the crappy maps from the sites just dont really unlock the horsepower/performance they should..
in fact Erion recommends when you do the cams to have it dyno tuned and a true map written just for your bike..

mine with Erion Cams.. Akropovich race full system and a few other tricks made 145hp on the dyno and does not behave eradically at low end RPMs its silky smooth to redline.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Erion929 Jay said:
With the cams you might need to invest in a day at the dyno tuner the crappy maps from the sites just dont really unlock the horsepower/performance they should..
in fact Erion recommends when you do the cams to have it dyno tuned and a true map written just for your bike..

mine with Erion Cams.. Akropovich race full system and a few other tricks made 145hp on the dyno and does not behave eradically at low end RPMs its silky smooth to redline.

I second that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts