Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 91 600r that was flipped when the owner locked up the front end. i got everything working on it but the carbs are spilling fuel like mad, anyone got a diagram of the carbs and carb lines?

im guessing that the floats or something got jammed in the wreck or the carbs are just all gummed up from sitting for 3 years, fuel is orange and smells stale

· Live to ride
12,016 Posts

· second chimp in space
3,346 Posts
Here is another picture guide to taking carbs apart and cleaning them: The GSResources - Carb Rebuild Pg. 1 of 9

It's pretty long, but there are lots of tips and pitfalls to avoid.

Taking them on and off ain't no rocket science. Disconnect throttle cables, loosen clamps to engine (and airbox if your bike is old enough), twist entire rack to get the tops or bottoms of the carbs out of the runners, then pull the whole thing out. The hoses run however they please as long as they follow nice organic curves (no kinks).

there's a parts fiche on ronayers.com or bikebandit.com

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys... and no this isnt my first bike :neener i managed to rip them down and clean them last night, the issue was rust built up in the bowls and the guy that had the bike before me hooked the fuel lines up to the overflow :lao

but now i got another issue, the only control that works on the clipons are the 4 ways (hazard lights). the guy i got the bike from hooked a push button starter up to get it to turn over. wiring is not something im best at and have no idea where to start, all fuses are good and i dont see any broken wires or anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.