Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im pretty close to getting a 900rr. But i really really don't like messing with carbs, been there and hated every minute of it. I have much more fun playing with a fuel map than messing with a needle valve haha.

anyways i was curious if it is easily possible to convert a 900rr to use a 929rr or 954 fuel injection system? i know the displacement difference could cause problems running too rich, but i assume this could be pretty easily taken care of.

So is this a common thing? what is involved in the swap? im assuming that i need the ecu, throttle bodies, with injectors, and other bits of wiring, fuel pump, o2 sensor(??), etc. What else?

thanks

ps any other alternatives to the 929 or 954 system?

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
You would need all the Sensors, like inlet air temp sensor, ambient air temp sensor, airbox pressure sensor. Crankshaft posistion sensor, Throttle Position sensor, Camshaft position sensor. Wiring Harness, ECU, throttle bodies. More work than its worth.... probably..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno, personally i would love having fuel injection. and if i found a deal on a 900rr then its a good option. but if were comparing average prices i think the better solution would be to just go to the 929.

still curious if anyone has converted their 900rr.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you wanted to go the least work route look for a salvage Honda 919, the base engine of this bike is the same 919 cc mill in the 96-99 RR's. Everything should bolt right up outside of the airbox sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts