Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just picked up new for me a 98' 900rr and have been riding it home to good ol oregon. but up the freeway just crusin, bam everything shuts off and dies nothing. no lights nothing. and after research and the fact there is a crack in the voltage regulator i believe that is the culprit. :lol alot of people have said the cbr VR is crap and will go out and prob need replaced. i have had the 30A fuse in line to the positive termanal blow and it blows imedietly if you put a new 1 in. just want some feedback if i am correct and how long they go before they go bad. thx for the info and awesome first day of ownership on the bike. :bitchslap

·
Registered
18 Posts
try pulling all the fused in your fuse box first then put your main fuse back in and see if it blows. if it does you have a short somewhere probably between the starter and the relay (in theory) if it does not blow start putting fuses back into the fuse box one at a time and see which one causes your main fuse to blow. this will help you narrow down what system is causing your problem. if this does not work try unplugging your vr and see if the fuse still blows. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts