Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I don't know if anybody is interested but here's the info:
the 9-11 ride...$30.00 per person,ride is on 9-11-04,staging is at harley on Dale Mabry & ends at channel side,Ride leaves at 10am so be there by 9:30am everyone that registers gets a T-shirt,Bandana 2 hang on handle bars,and cupons to win things once we get down to channel side...Get your registration forms at www.tampaharley.com or just go in any harley shop to fill one out....
heres a number to call for any more questions...813-886-7433

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know that a lot of the guys from work are going to attend this.

I think the sport bike community should represent also

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've gone the past two years and there hasn't been too many sportbikes. It would be nice to see more of our own kind out there. I know I felt a little out of place being surrounded by cruisers, but the ride is fun and enjoying. If you guys have the night off....come out and ride with us...you won't regret it =)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
9-11-04, ill be there Oscar do you, Kenny, MsDaytona, and Gixxergrl wanna meet me and my G/F we are gonna go....it'd be nice to have some people to roll with...Kenny are you draggin the L-Town crew??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me....only problem is....I still don't have a bike (after tech. training)...so, one of you, James or Kenny, needs to get Patrick to go =) He went last year, but it wasn't easy getting him to go...you know about his bad memory. Please!! :biggrinag

·
Registered
765 Posts
Question: What do the proceeds from the entry fee go towards, since 9-11 was so long ago? Trying to determine why this event is still being memorialized - not being negative.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same question...I'm gonna call them and see what exactly the proceeds go to. I'll let you know as soon as I know something. I'm still going to go either way 9/11 has effected my family in more ways then one...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I just called and they told me all proceeds are going to 2 different foundations. One is called Operation Warm Heart which the money goes to families of soldiers that have gone over seas or are still over there. And the second is called the Gold Shield Foundation which goes to the families of firefighter and police men that were lost in the attack.

·
Registered
765 Posts
MsDaytona said:
Ok I just called and they told me all proceeds are going to 2 different foundations. One is called Operation Warm Heart which the money goes to families of soldiers that have gone over seas or are still over there. And the second is called the Gold Shield Foundation which goes to the families of firefighter and police men that were lost in the attack.
I will keep my opinion to myself for the first 'cause' - I am a veteran.

The second - while I feel we definitely should support our fire and police personnel...WTF?! How long to people need to 'contribute' to the affected families before they start taking care of themselves??? Many millions were collected and dispersed during the first year alone, yet here we are...3 years later and they still need money? :mad:

Noting the most recent events - How about holding a rally for the freaking hurricane victims!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
how about the steak & shake on 60 by limona?? that way we can grab a bite before we roll?? is that ok?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seeing as I don't know where limona is, are you talking about the Steak and Shake in Brandon near Auto Zone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm up for it...just waiting on one thing :eek:

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
thats the one Daytona :) And Gixxergrl who are you? do i know ya?? you arent patric's ex are you?? maybe you can ride 2 up with one of the other guys....so are we all down??

question though...is it $30/person?? cause for that kina cheddar i can go to universal with my G/F ...i dont mind making donations but $60 to ride my bike seems a bit stiff :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol....you're good. I'm going to see if I can get him to go again first.

Yep....$30 a person...it's a lot, but it's worth it by the end of the night....promise =)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts