Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1984 Honda VF700. 20800 miles. Runs and drives. Great first bike. Needs a shift fork for second gear and a new clutch lever. It pops out of second gear if you hit the throttle hard. All the other gears work. Drivable as is. The clutch lever still works, but is broken off. I dont know what happened to it. It was fine when I put it into storage, but it was broken when I took it out.

Drives straight and has been reliable. Just had a tune up at the beginning of winter. Starts first try every time. Good mechanical condition besides the second gear issue.

I have a few spare parts that are included. I dont know exatly what I have, but there is a foot peg bracket and foot pegs, a stator, and misc other items.

$500

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would love this bike, but I'm in GA. Any ideas about getting it down here?

·
Registered
144 Posts
ryu954rr said:
I would love this bike, but I'm in GA. Any ideas about getting it down here?
Buy a one way ticket and ride it back :D

Just be prepared for the extra long security check at the airport

·
Registered
245 Posts
obviously you've never ridden 900+ miles on a sportbike. Hell I did 200 one night on my 954RR before I sold it and that was not a fun ride.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ryu954rr said:
obviously you've never ridden 900+ miles on a sportbike. Hell I did 200 one night on my 954RR before I sold it and that was not a fun ride.
I did 800 on a sportbike in one day From Michigan to GA. I flew up there to buy a bike and it was about 30 degrees up north.. brrrr

I'd do it again with the proper gear in the fall. Racing leathers do not insulate well. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts