Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I'm lookingt o top off the weekend of riding with a trip to Holy Hill. Anybody want to meet up and head that way? Early afternoon... within a couple hours ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good luck with the bike race , Sunday drivers, and the people looking at trees and shit. Trust me, I live just south of Holy Hill. This morning I had to wait for 10 mins while traffic was stopped to let the pedal bikes through. I posted on someones post about how bad Holy Hill is on a nice weekend day. Either early or late , but never right in the middle of the day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree, weekend afternoons are horrible to ride around holy hill, you won't get to go faster than 30 mph with all the weekend drivers. "Hey, honey look at that pretty tree." "Wow, its has leaves." I have found that some weeknights are good or like you said early mornings.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jesseh said:
I know at 6:30ish this morning it was clear. But by 9 it was packed.
jesse
How late will it have to be before the traffic clears up? Maybe I'll take a lazy ride there anyway. Haven't seen holy hill, so it's probably just as well... then I can take it easy through there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to holy hill tonight. Nice pocket of good roads. I ended up riding from 5:30 until about 9. Pretty much called it quits when 2 deer waved at me from the fields. A few very nicely paved turns are out there. A few not so nicely paved. And a very interesting decreasing radius turn. I saw about 3 cars and 2 bicyclists the whole time i was in there. Eerily quiet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts