Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got out the antique today and my wife rode the GSXR750. Lunch at Alamo Springs cafe and then she went home and I headed for a cigar at Luchenback. (My wife is in the silver helmet in the pics.) I ran into some other guys I know there - I parked next to an S1000RR that belongs to a guy from Blanco, and then my buddy Walt showed up on his restored first generation Gold Wing. Riding these two bikes is always an interesting contrast - the Suzuki is 20 years newer than the Honda - it's about 80 pounds lighter, makes almost 50 percent more horsepower, and is a much more comfortable place to sit. The Honda was very hard core in its day; nowadays a more streetable bike like the Suzuki is truly amazing. IMHO the Honda still wins the coolness contest, and it's still a blast to ride.

Some trivia: the Honda came stock with an 18 inch rear wheel and a narrow 17 inch front (all US models were 1990). The tires were the first Bridgestone radial on the rear (they just called it the Battleaxe - it was the only radial they made) and a bias-ply front. Oh, and it still looks and feels tiny compared to newer bikes - even 600's.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
You sir own an amazing bike. The RC30 is a thing of beauty!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I fucking hate you.

that is all.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
someday, someday. . .I'll own one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts