Sport Bikes banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm 6'9" and ride a '94 Ninja 600R. It's been a great bike for me it was my first. I've been riding about 3 months. I figure I'll get rid of it at the end of this season and get something else. I'm more into cruisers so that's what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
6'8'' is really freakin tall. if you have to get a "sportbike" then I would say the best choice is a Suzuki Hayabusa or Kawasaki ZX-14. It's your only option really--the other bikes will feel tiny.
I'm not that much shorter and neither is dale and both of us started out on the Ninja 650R - I've still got mine. It's not feejer comfy, but it ain't that bad either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think a standard would be the best idea what about the fz6, z750, or a used cb599, i'm 6'2" and ride a fz6 its like having 2 bikes nice and smooth under 8000rpm and has a hell of a kick above that so you can take it easy until your comfortable

·
Registered
550 Posts
FZ6r or Ninja 650r if you want the sportbike look.....

Standard or a sport touring if you really care about comfort..... sport bikes in general are not build for comfort.....

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i think a standard would be the best idea what about the fz6, z750, or a used cb599, i'm 6'2" and ride a fz6 its like having 2 bikes nice and smooth under 8000rpm and has a hell of a kick above that so you can take it easy until your comfortable
He's a first time rider. None of those bikes area good idea. OP, just get a cheap, smaller bike to learn on for a while and when you're ready go get a Bandit 1250.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am getting a bike this spring and am worried that because of my height it will be hard to find a bike will fit me ok. I have sat on bikes and they all feel ok but my knees feel a little to far up. I am wondering what sportbikes out there are better or worse for taller riders. I am looking for a 600 or 750.
Also don't be a hard-head and say you need a powerful sport bike to pull your weight. It will be to powerful and they're way to small. Take a look at all these tall stubborn gentlemen on there full-sized Sport bikes at a track day.

:lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sport bikes aren't about comfort, they're about performance. Sport Tourers on the other hand....

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
I'd say versys or a V-Strom 650 would be great for a tall guy.
what if the poor guy actually wants something that looks halfway decent. jesus. just cuz hes 6'8'' doesnt mean he wants to get some of the ugliest bikes out

try and FZ6 or Ninja 650/SV 650 i was plenty comfy on my 650 and im 6'6''

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
I'm not that much shorter and neither is dale and both of us started out on the Ninja 650R - I've still got mine. It's not feejer comfy, but it ain't that bad either.
speak for yourself bass!!

compared to my current bike, that Ninja 650 felt like a friggin lay-z boy recliner!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
:banana
DO IT!

Seriously, if you are too tall to ride a 250 then take a hint and give up the dream. If you are too tall for anything other than some liter bike then take a fucking hint, God didn't want you to ride motorcycles.
That’s just not a nice thing to say.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts