Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a bike this spring and am worried that because of my height it will be hard to find a bike will fit me ok. I have sat on bikes and they all feel ok but my knees feel a little to far up. I am wondering what sportbikes out there are better or worse for taller riders. I am looking for a 600 or 750.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I am getting a bike this spring and am worried that because of my height it will be hard to find a bike will fit me ok. I have sat on bikes and they all feel ok but my knees feel a little to far up. I am wondering what sportbikes out there are better or worse for taller riders. I am looking for a 600 or 750.
FYI, 600's, 750's and 1000's have less room to sit on them than a 250 or 500 does. So don't use that as an excuse to validate you buying something way too much for a newbie to handle.

EDIT: and yes, I have sat on 600's, 750's, and 1000's, and my 250 gives me more room than they do.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
If your 6'8" go with the versys. Forget 600's and 750's because they wont be comfortable for you. In fact forget them all together because a 600 or 750 is not a beginner friendly bike. You will also pay a TON in insurance per year for either of those.

/usual speel

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I'm a little over 6'5" and find SS bikes way too cramped for me. I ride a Ninja650R which is reasonably comfortable AND is a good first bike. A standard would probably be the best bike for you, but not the Bandit or FZ1. Check out some older Nighthawk 750s - nowhere near as powerful as a GSXR 750 - and then think about moving up from there.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
i agree go with a sport touring bike

i have a 600 and a 500 and the 500 has much better leg room. im short 5 '6 and the 600 still feels like my legs are cramped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Since you are 6'8", you should clearly buy a SS Literbike so it fits you better. But when (not if) you total it - assuming you don't total your body along with it - get a 250, I'm a very new rider (under 1 month), and before I bought a motorcycle I also had the nudging desire to get a B***** ENGINE BIKE - must be a guy thing. But three and a half weeks into riding I've learned that even my bike ('06 EX250) is very fun if i keep it at higher revs, and gives me just the perfect amount of power to blast out of corners and yet will leave me on the bike and in one piece if I slip up on the throttle. I'm 6'4" myself and I can say that the EX250 is a very good fit for me.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
get a 10 foot chopper.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Why not a bandit of an FZ-1? They both seemed pretty tall to me, especially the bandit.
Because it's his first bike and they both make well over 100HP... As a long-term bike after he has some experience then they would be perfect, and are what I'm looking at for a next bike too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
6'8'' is really freakin tall. if you have to get a "sportbike" then I would say the best choice is a Suzuki Hayabusa or Kawasaki ZX-14. It's your only option really--the other bikes will feel tiny.

·
Registered
989 Posts
6'8'' is really freakin tall. if you have to get a "sportbike" then I would say the best choice is a Suzuki Hayabusa or Kawasaki ZX-14. It's your only option really--the other bikes will feel tiny.
:banana
DO IT!

Seriously, if you are too tall to ride a 250 then take a hint and give up the dream. If you are too tall for anything other than some liter bike then take a fucking hint, God didn't want you to ride motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts