Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I'll post in this thread because i live in the triumph section:

More than half of all Triumph 675's are wrecked. People read the magazines and HAVE to have them. They don't know how to handle the power and kill these sweet machines, and often themselves.

Don't be that guy.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Kwill, I've heard or read that stat before, where can I read them, are there stats for all bikes? Looks like the 675 will be a great collector piece the rate it is going. If half are wrecked the first year, then half of the survivors from the first year bite it then..etc..etc.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
stealthy1 said:
Kwill, I've heard or read that stat before, where can I read them, are there stats for all bikes? Looks like the 675 will be a great collector piece the rate it is going. If half are wrecked the first year, then half of the survivors from the first year bite it then..etc..etc.

Nah, i have not found a place where you can look it up. I was talking to a Triumph rep on one of my visits to chicago a couple months ago.

:)

And yeah- the 675 is going to be a HARD bike to find in a few years. I may just have to get me one.... or three, the way i do things.

:D

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
kevinwilly said:
Nah, i have not found a place where you can look it up. I was talking to a Triumph rep on one of my visits to chicago a couple months ago.

And yeah- the 675 is going to be a HARD bike to find in a few years. I may just have to get me one.... or three, the way i do things.

or six.....
'cause they're small :neener

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
T-595 Greg said:
or six.....
'cause they're small :neener

mmm..... six bikes....

Well, I may as well do one in each color.... which is four right now, and I'm sure that Blue will be out for 08, and maybe green or silver.

I can see his happening. Scary.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
ChrisP said:
Why are people wrecking them? In-experienced? Is a Inline 3 with a 675cc displacement deceptive, or quirky?
people are wrecking them because, when they became the M.O.T.Y. every squid with a down payment and reasonable credit had to have one.

sort of the same crash numbers you expect to see when one of the Japanese big four hits "MOTY or sportbike of the year, or when a magazine anoints the "latest & greatest"

·
Registered
27 Posts
GSX-R for comfort on the long haul and availabilty of parts
D675 for bragging rights that you own a "odd ball" bike.

wait, buy the D675, and when you wreck it, i call dibs on the parts that dont get trashed! (if you didnt know, that's the typical 675 owner answer to this question)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts