Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm been thinking a while about a SV650 project. I don't think it would happen anytime soon but if the right deal comes along, I might hop on it. I have everything I want to do to it sorted in my head except one thing: I am curious if the 1000cc engine is a direct bolt in on the 650.

I've always wanted the naked SV1000 but there's not too many around. Why don't I just get the S version and start from there? Well, I want the weight of the 650, they're easier to comy by, cheaper, and I need to learn as many things as possible when it comes to working on bikes. If this project happens, the only thing that would be stock is the frame which is another reason I want to do the 650, I really like the frame.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Sorry, but the engines have different dimensions and mounting point locations so the frames are different between the 650 and 1000.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I was just hoping someone would suprise me with some good news. Thanks.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
bpmull said:
That's what I figured. I was just hoping someone would suprise me with some good news. Thanks.
Just keep looking for that '03 sv1k. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts