Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All....
Considering purchasing the new 600rr after a 12+ year hiatus....

My last "hesitation" (in comparison to the R6) is the under tail exhaust.

Anyone have any trouble/hear of trouble with heating the rider up??
I'm in Florida, so heat is an issue.....heh ehe...
Don't need a hot a$$....

Thoughts??

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well, there is this...

final thought for the day; it was 94 degrees out when i brought it home and the undertail exhaust flame-broiled my nuts. i sure hope it's not this bad all the time. if they weren't already modified for "fun" only, i could have really hurt my chances at reproduction from that ride...

s3aturnr
Otherwise I know nothing of this bike.

·
5,455 Posts
just FYI, my 08 GSXR 600 has a kinda shorty (not as short as the R6 or 06-07 models, but shorter than cans were in the 90s and early 00's) exhaust and it cooks my right foot if i'm stuck in traffic. the peg gets hot enough that you could probably get burnt on it

·
Registered
153 Posts
No probs either! I've got an 07 CBR600rr with stock exhaust and just trimmed the heatshield back a little b/c it looked out of place once I installed the FE kit. I'm in the deep south too. You're gonna love this bike!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
^^+1^^ Hotness indeed.. sweet ride there Fish :bowdown

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Hi All....
Considering purchasing the new 600rr after a 12+ year hiatus....

My last "hesitation" (in comparison to the R6) is the under tail exhaust.

Anyone have any trouble/hear of trouble with heating the rider up??
I'm in Florida, so heat is an issue.....heh ehe...
Don't need a hot a$$....

Thoughts??
I'm in FL too; had my 06RR for 2yrs and ridden in all types of weather here even 100+ summers and never had issues. Of course it may get hot when you are stuck in traffic but not to the point that its unbearable.

·
Banned
911 Posts
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Did you ever think that the engine, which happens to sit right underneath you, may "heat you up"?

Neither of them do, by the way.

srsly.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
unless your nuts are hanging down by your right knee, how can they be flame broiled????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Only problem I 'had' with mine when it was stock is that it's quiet. Two-Bros full exhaust changed that. No problems with heat. If you want it, get it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fish...that is Hottnesssss.......(Which is that??...May have to investigate!)

Thanks all.......
Really appreciate the input!!
That's just about my last "objection" for this deal.....I guess I'll head down to the showroom when it stops raining!!

·
John 18:33-37
4,016 Posts
Fish...that is Hottnesssss.......(Which is that??...May have to investigate!)

Thanks all.......
Really appreciate the input!!
That's just about my last "objection" for this deal.....I guess I'll head down to the showroom when it stops raining!!
The exhaust is the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber M-2 pipe. When I took the photo, I had just installed the Vortex adjustable rearsets and the exhaust. Shortly after taking the picture, I removed the rear brake reservoir and replaced it with a G-Craft reservoir from Superbike Supply.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, the exhaust pipe where it runs straight up, near you right foot, heats up the air there and can cause some slight discomfort when at a red light. But it's minor, and not an issue while moving.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
No probs either! I've got an 07 CBR600rr with stock exhaust and just trimmed the heatshield back a little b/c it looked out of place once I installed the FE kit. I'm in the deep south too. You're gonna love this bike!!!
do you really have a preist robe on in your avatar? very freaky
:eek:nfloor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts