Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
starting on a 600 is fine. 60 mph on a 500 and 60 mph on a 600 is still the same speed. i started on a 600 years ago. im fine. i still ride 600's. just bought an r6. the maintenance is easy on the r6 if you are moderately mechanically inclined.

if you do go for the r6 i have the factory service manual i can email you.

fernando

· Registered
488 Posts
oh god. this is so dumb. yes starting on a 500 isnt a bad idea. however it doesnt make starting on a 600 a bad one either.

ALL MOTORCYCLES ARE LOADED GUNS. IF YOU DONT USE THEM CORRECTLY YOU MIGHT LOSE YOUR HEAD.

· Registered
488 Posts
taziscool said:
that's just stupid! 60mph on a busa is the same speed as well, what happens when you(the newbie) jerk the throttle WFO is WHY you start out with the less powerfull 500.

You may have 'survived' riding 600's all this time, but I guaranty a guy that started at the same time as you on a 250 would run circles around you and your 600, probably on a 250..
Just so I understand your flawed thought process, I am going to attempt to make clear what you are saying. I made a comparison with bikes that differ by only 100cc's of displacement. You then compare 2 bikes with a difference of 700cc's of displacement and attempt to disprove my argument?

And in typical fashion you assume that if I don't agree then I must be wrong and nothing short of death would be acceptable. Assuming your hypothesis was correct and a 250 rider could drive circles around me then it would be safe to assume that a 250 rider could also get himself into serious trouble as well. Right?

I didn't survive riding 600's off the bat. I learned. Sure I've made mistakes. Same mistakes I would have made with a stronger/weaker bike. There is an excellent article this month in one of the cycle mags about the new literbikes and how the rate of death/serious injury has not kept up with the level of increase in the performance of literbikes. Wonder why that is? Perhaps people are better riders than we give them credit for? Don't put yourself down and think you arent capable of something.

Starting small is for people who perhaps arent that adept to learning things quickly and applying them. If you bought a 500 and took a MSF class and the next day you had everything down pat, youd be a good rider stuck with a 500 bike huh? BUY A 600....take your time and learn....dont be afraid to fall....move on...

fernando

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.