Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a used 600. I'm 6' 2" and I'm looking for something I'll be comfortable on. Any thing out there in a sportbike that maby has a larger frame? I'm moving up from a 92 Suzuki Bandit 400(I look like bigbird on a ten speed when I ride) so anything should be better than that. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
YZF600, CBR600, Katana 600/750, all decent bikes for taller riders. I'm the same height as you and I fit very well even on my RS250, it fits me great, so it isn't always the size of the bike that determines if it's better for a b*****/taller rider.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am 6'4. I rode a gix6 for 2 yrs and felt pretty good on it. None of the 600 SS are going to be comfortable. If you want comfort get a tourer. European bike seem to fit taller people better....just my 2cents

·
Registered
235 Posts
one of my buddies is 6ft6in, and he has been riding a F4i since i have known him. I know another guy that is 6ft4in, and he is on a Gixxer Sixxer. go sit on a few and see what is comfortable.

matt

·
Registered
121 Posts
My ZX6R is just fine for me. I am 6'1. Just sit on (or ride) as many as you can. The gixxers' side fairings always but up against my knees (long legs) at stoplights. Kind of annoying. Little stuff like that makes a difference to me.

·
Registered
304 Posts
6'5" here and I've owned several 600ss models and ridden even more. 6'2" shouldn't be a fit problem at all. Try 'em out. The Kawi is biggest (late model wise), but it's not a large difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 6'2" and own an F4i, no problem here.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I know a guy that's 6' 8" and rides a Honda 600RR.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You tall guys have bones made of rubber? I am 5 feet 5 130 and the most I can ride my zx9 is 2 to 3 hrs and its time to go home and lay on my back. This is with helibars.

You guys can tell I am thinking of buying a Honda Silverwing right?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Twinsen said:
I know a guy that's 6' 8" and rides a Honda 600RR.
glutton for punishment.. that seat is hard as hell and that little tank leaves no room for your legs to go.. more power to him..

Kawa-ZX9 said:
You tall guys have bones made of rubber? I am 5 feet 5 130 and the most I can ride my zx9 is 2 to 3 hrs and its time to go home and lay on my back. This is with helibars.

You guys can tell I am thinking of buying a Honda Silverwing right?
you have no stamina my friend

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ive always fit best on Kawasakis and Hondas

·
RIP Sirkbac
31 Posts
I'm 6'6"...seem to have no problem on any 600's, really. Although I would be happier with something larger than my SV650.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 6'6" and I'm fine on my F3 even if it looks kinda small for me but I sat on a zx9 and that was really bad with that wide tank I had no room for my legs.

·
Registered
457 Posts
people always tell me i look like a giant on a gixxer 600.. i would be better off riding a gixxer 1000.. the last person who told me that was riding a gixxer 750.. i just shaked my head in disgust

·
Registered
459 Posts
f2s and f3s have a lower seat height. gskrs are more wide and a little taller. the 600rr is not comfortable for a short person, but for someone taller, I've heard only good things

·
Registered
457 Posts
ocbasbalburg said:
f2s and f3s have a lower seat height. gskrs are more wide and a little taller. the 600rr is not comfortable for a short person, but for someone taller, I've heard only good things

don't listen to the owners.. most them are so caught up on brand loyalty they wouldn't know if their feet and ass hurt or not. That and the fact that most of them won't admit it because they put so much mental and emotional into getting the bike they will lie to you.

Take it from someone who has rode 2 different 600RR consitently. The 600RR and R6 are not Tall person friendly. Their is no space to put your legs because the tank is so thin its very uncomfortable riding it for long periods.. its like riding a bicycle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried the F4i and was pretty comfy on it. I think 2002 and earlyer models of ZX-6R were pretty big and comfy. I'm 6'3'' 200 pounds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts